PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties.
- To manage the project control resources required to deliver a multiple million-pound cross functional engineering project.
- To support the project manager with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
- The management of the project cost control team including cost engineers, planners and QS.
- Provide project controls management, including baseline schedule development and management, performance status and reporting, baseline change control, risk management, earned value management guidance and tools.
- Advice and consult on the application of effective planning techniques and controls (earned value, cost and schedule variance, estimates at completion, critical path analysis).
- Support programme integration, governance, formats, plan optimization, and project controls best practices.
- Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects.
- Support the development of integrated master schedules for specific programmes in Primavera and/or Microsoft Project that reflect all interface milestones and activity durations from multiple contractors' schedules and feed changes to the integrated master schedule.
- Monitor and control programme compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
- In discharging these responsibilities, they are responsible for:
- Ensuring the Project controls team produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project and company reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
- Ensure that project controls processes are consistently applied across the project.
- Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple suppliers.
- Support and advice on the definition of Project Controls and Earned Value Management policies, procedures and the standards required to deliver projects
- Support the development of requirements for specific resource-loaded schedules.
- Work closely with the Project Manager, commercial manager and Project QS to maximise the potential of the project.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with the Project departments.
- Keeps Project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organised presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in a similar role
- Effective communication within team and with stakeholders
- An experienced user of the relevant Programme tools, techniques
- Experience in the implementation of Earned Value Management based Project Control systems, in accordance with relevant national standards
- Experience in working on projects
- Practical ability to utilize critical project management concepts (e.g. EVM, project planning, risk analysis, configuration management
- Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership
- Able to analyse problems and strategise for better solutions
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
- Organized and able to create multiple time lines, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or related field from an accredited university
- '10+ years' experience as Project Manager or in a similar position in Oil and Gas industry