CIVIL/STRUCTURAL DESIGNER required by our Client, an security, defense and technology company, to be assigned on a contract basis located in Houston, TX.
- Completes designs and layouts for complete systems and components of a project.
- Performs layout and design of complex systems and equipment applicable to the respective discipline.
- Ensures compliance with required specifications, tolerances, safety factors, and client requirements.
- Understands and applies commonly used company design standards and methods.
- Collaborates with Engineers and Designers to ensure quality of design.
- US Citizenship is required. A National Agency Check will be required.
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in Civil or Structural Design Required.
- Oil and Gas Industry experience preferred
- SmartPlant S3D experience required
- SmartPlant Foundation experience highly preferred
- Experience with JetStream preferred
- Experience with catalogs, steel structural shapes, and laser scans highly preferred.
- Experience with connections and Cloudworx highly preferred