TENDER MANAGER required by our client to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, Texas
Duration: 6 months
- Ensure that all Tenders are executed according to Tender Process and internal requirements with Tender Milestones and Tender Review Meetings.
- Oversees full life-cycle of proposal development, including planning, scheduling and managing competitive proposals, with end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes.
- Develops a schedule for proposal execution and distributes for review and coordinates a tender kick-off / strategy meeting.
- Monitors proposal schedule to ensure that information is received in a timely manner from all contributors to allow for adequate review and revision and to ensure quality commercial and technical content prior to submittal.
- Clearly defines Scope of Work and Services offered to Customer and identifies any clarifications or exceptions. Coordinates responses to the Customer's inquiries and /or clarifications.
- Works closely with Tender Project Engineer to obtain assistance from other departments (Engineering, Operations, Contract Administration, Sales and Marketing, etc.), as required, to prepare the proposal. Composes the qualifications and technical description portions of the proposal.
- Generates the main proposal package to fulfil the requirements of the RFQ and prepares the estimate.
- Serves as the main point of contact for specified proposal activities and communications
- Works with the Tender Coordinator in the preparation and review of each Tender.
- Prepares and leads the Proposal Handover meeting to Operations following award or LOI.
- Maintains knowledge of company approved vendors, estimating methods as well as project execution procedures.
- Obtains feedback from “lessons learned” to incorporate in future proposals
- Works to establish and/or maintain standard “boilerplate” sections of the proposal, including but not limited to: quality assurance; certifications; facilities descriptions; corporate history; technical methodologies; execution strategies, etc.
- Assists Sales Personnel, as required, by participating in technical meetings and presentations.
- Prepares all prequalification packages
- Works with Sales to develop consistent proposal format to ensure common corporate identity is promoted regardless of product.
- Coordinates with Corporate Compliance to ensure all potential Clients are properly evaluated.
- Monitors progress on selected FEED projects with Commercial Director assistance to insure the commerciality of each tender.
- Responsible for updating the status of all opportunities and Tenders in the system on a monthly/ quarterly basis including forecasting/planning of upcoming/future Tenders
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics/Law, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience, preferably with engineering of floating systems and/or construction background and specifically as a Proposal Manager in a fast-paced, deadline driven, proposal environment.
- Experience in marketing techniques (layout, graphics, value proposition) preferred.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of budget preparation, cost control and scheduling.
- Must possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) and good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must have PC skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Experience in review and structuring contract terms and conditions.
- Experience with large and complex proposals; including a good understanding of implementation of industry best practices for proposals.
- Client product knowledge is preferred.