PRINCIPAL ENGINEER required by our client, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston
Duration: 6 months
- Be aware of and be able to locate the HSEQ Policy, the 14 HSEQ Standards and the Corporate HSEQ Procedures.
- Report all Incidents immediately to your supervisor or HSEQ representative.
- Follow MODEC procedures and work instructions. It is always important to follow the correct processes to protect yourself and the environment. Specific roles and responsibilities are found in the Corporate HSEQ Management System and your local HSEQ Procedures.
- Take responsibility for evaluating and correcting Health, Safety and Environmental risks and conditions while performing your work. If you ever feel the HSE risks have not been appropriately addressed, YOU have the right to STOP WORK IMMEDIATELY and notify your supervisor.
- Know your role in the event of an emergency as site specific emergency response is conducted and drilled.
- Identifies, assesses, plans and develops novel product concepts and business models that build new product or system options. Supports the growth of new business by taking a balanced view of the technology investment portfolio to integrate market needs with emerging technologies.
- Leads the design, development and support of very extensive, highly diversified systems, projects or programs from concept to technology transfer to project delivery.
- Sponsors new project technologies and solicits understanding and support of other line managers and senior managers for major technology step changes. Champions key projects with company objectives in mind to achieve strategic objectives.
- Collaborates in the evaluation and assessment of competitive products, processes or new trends.
- Develops reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- Assists with project cost estimates.
- Writes department process procedures and policies as required.
- Mentor and teach / coach problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff; Actively progresses the corporate knowledge base.
- Regularly required to negotiate, justify or resolve important or controversial engineering matters.
- Frequently meets with high ranking officials in a variety of sensitive, problematic or unstructured settings.
- Actively participates in high level conferences or meetings on issues of considerable consequence or importance
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Degree in Engineering. Recognized nationally as an expert and consultant in specialized engineering areas. Demonstrates mastery of an area of engineering which may cross engineering and scientific disciplines.
- Years of experience is less important than type, depth and breadth of experiences. Demonstrated abilities and contribution to successful engineering project outcomes will be given significant weight.
- Viewed by senior managers as a technical and business leader with successes in technology development and engineering strategy.
- Consistently demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions and alternatives.
- Knowledge and ability to design of safety system (SIS), fire and gas mapping and detection, emergency shutdown systems and SIL levels.
- Working knowledge of ISA and IEC standards.
- Ability to participate in HAZOPS and HAZIDS.
- Hands on field experience in commissioning a plus.Experience with different instrumentation technologies such as sand and corrosion detection, multi-phase flow, strain gauges and angle monitoring.
- Ability to evaluate all business factors related to project / program and make sound recommendations that meet broad goals and company priorities.
- Describe general working conditions (i.e. noise level, temperature, around heavy machinery)
- Office environment. Possible exposure to hazards such as noise, heavy equipment, temperature extremes, chemicals, etc. if working in fabrication or installation sites.
- Describe amount & frequency of physical requirements of the position (i.e. lifting, pushing, climbing)
- Spends 50% of time sitting and operating a computer or workstation. Spends 50% of time lifting, pushing, and walking. Some stair climbing.