BUDGET MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Hassi, Algeria.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
Reports to: Group Finance Manager
- Prepare, maintain and report budgets.
- Assist budget holders with their budgeting processes and monthly value of work done reporting.
- Promote budget accountability and responsibility by department heads and budget holders.
- Prepare Operating Committee and Management Committee meeting materials and assist at meetings as required.
- Prepare internal and external reports for partners and government agencies including budget vs actuals, long term plans and monthly billing statements.
- Liaise with Company to meet their and the foreign partners' information needs.
- Oversee and monitor month end closing process including review and preparation of accruals and allocation.
- Coordinate (annual) and foreign partner (occasional) audits and any special investigation audits by regulators; centralize and document all requests and responses.
- Prepare/consolidate responses to all audit reports and follow up with all action items.
- Coordinate and manage system changes and enhancements relating to reporting function.
- Manage a team of 4-7 positions.
- Insurance: manage annual policy renewal reporting requirements, claims and claim management, follow up and negotiation, premium confirmation and allocation, periodic and ad hoc insurer queries.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CPA/ACCA/CIMA qualification or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of field operations
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Effective understanding of accounting principles
- Proven ability to manage a budgeting and reporting function
- Insight into project management
- Familiarity with budget and cost control systems
- French or Arabic language skills would be desirable