PIPELINE ENGINEER, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Plan, design, implement and support monitoring and control systems utilized in the operation of liquids pipelines, measurement facilities, loading / offloading facilities (Terminal Management Systems), pump stations, and transfer facilities.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain Truck Management Systems.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain PLC based automation systems.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain PC based HMI systems.
- Design and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media, and associated hardware.
- Read and interpret electrical, control and instrumentation drawings and provide reviews of design/construction drawing packages.
- Interface with engineering project managers and operations personnel to integrate facilities and design changes with the control centre.
- Provide technical expertise in mechanical, instrument, electrical, and/or automation specifications and standards as required.
- Specify and procure instrumentation and controls related equipment used in automation systems.
- Provide on-site services, including oversight of system installation, lead commissioning efforts and supplying troubleshooting support as required.
- Interface with inside and outside customers on Truck Management System file maintenance along with assisting them with trouble shooting loading and inventory issues.
- Develop contractor bid documents, conduct bid process, select contractor and manage contractor throughout automation capital projects.
- Develop and control capital projects. Specifically, develop and control project scope, schedule, projected costs, risk management, and quality assurance programs as required to manage capital projects ranging from $20,000 to over $2,000,000.
- Provide engineering support to Operations and Technical Support Personnel for all related software and hardware, including end devices.
- Accountable for completing tasks with quality, compliance with applicable codes and standards, and on schedule.
- Job level commensurate with experience
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with project management, control system design, and programming.
- Minimum of 3 years of Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Systems Integration or related/applicable experience.
- Experience dealing with outside Suppliers and Customers on Terminal Management Systems.
- Proven experience configuring and programming relevant HMI, PLC, and flow computer systems.
- Proven experience in successfully designing and programming PLC systems.
- Ability to learn additional and/or new programming languages and skills as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with both company and non-company personnel to accomplish goals.
- PC-based skills, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point and Project).
- Database skills, including MySQL, MS SQL, and MariaDB.
- Proficiency in basic engineering skills and possession of well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex technical matters.
- Must maintain a high degree of attention to detail while managing multiple assignments with various deadlines and responsibility levels.
- Travel (20% - 50%), often overnight, to contractor or Client sites for system installation, commissioning and maintenance, as well as to attend meetings and conferences. Weekend travel is occasionally required.
- Must be aware of company and government safety regulations and maintain a high regard for the safety of company employees and assets, and the general public.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, passport and a satisfactory driving record.
- Previous Field /Startup Engineering, Design Engineering, and/or Operations experience desired.
- Excellent knowledge of the safety profession and ability to identify, select, and implement alternative courses of action.
- Be able to work outside in extreme temperatures.
- Be able to climb stairs, ladders, walk over difficult terrain and stand for long periods of time
- Participate in random DOT Drug and Alcohol testing program.
- Experience in designing and implementing communications networks, utilizing a variety of communication protocols, including but not limited to Ethernet, ControlNet, DH+, DF-1, Modbus, and Profibus.
- Experience with designing and specifying physical media used in communications, including but not limited to copper cabling, fibre optic cabling and radio transmission.
- Working knowledge of and programming skills for the Wonderware ArchestrA, RSView and FactoryTalk applications.
- Working knowledge of and programming skills for the Toptech TMS 5.2b and TMS 6 truck loading/offloading Systems.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and operation of automation loading and offload facilities, including compressor stations, storage facilities, and liquids handling.
- Knowledge and/or application experience with national and international instrument, electrical and controls standards.
- Design and construction knowledge of electrical hazardous area applications (Class 1, Div. 1 and 2).
- Specific knowledge and application experience as a project manager in a commercial environment.