PROJECT MANAGER/SR. PROJECT MANAGER - PIPELINE INTEGRITY, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Manage assigned Pipeline Integrity projects to meet regulatory requirements and deadlines.
- Coordinate and manage In-Line-Inspection (ILI) surveys, anomaly dig activities and pipeline hydrostatic tests projects.
- Review and analyse ILI smart pig survey reports and prioritize anomaly digs in accordance with the client's Integrity Management Program.
- Effectively plan, schedule and manage multiple projects concurrently to meet company's needs and expectations.
- Develop cost estimates, develop and manage schedules, identify contractors and competitively bid, prepare Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) for approved projects and enter into Company's on-line accounting system, issue work directives and coordinate permitting efforts.
- Ensure accurate cost control reporting, cost forecasting, cost accruals and project closure documentation.
- Manage safety and quality for assigned projects.
- Manage Dig contractors, NDE contractor and the inspection team to assure program success.
- Work with Operations/Cathodic Protection Department to review and understand the anomalies identified along the pipeline system.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all processes, procedures and other protocols as relates to the clients' Liquids O&M & Integrity Management Programs (IMP).
- Assure compliance with all of KM's processes, procedures and other protocols as generally described above.
- Understands and assures compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, employees, and vendors.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the public.
- Position job title will be assigned, depending on the qualifications, skill sets and experience of the successful candidate.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (civil, mechanical, petroleum or chemical) or a related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience. Experience / Specific Knowledge:
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years prior Project Management experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pipeline industry operations and the liquids industry is required.
- Must have a full complement of project management skills including project scoping and estimating, cost and schedule control, team building, resource planning and permitting.
- Must be knowledgeable in interpreting and utilising pipeline construction drawings and alignment sheets.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations:
- A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license are required.
- If the employee is subject to license or certification requirements or training as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies or the Company, now or in the future, compliance is required under this job description. Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be accountable and take direction from Managers; keep required work schedules, which include regular and predictable job attendance; focus attention on details.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find solutions.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanour/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Must have strong diplomacy skills, demonstrating the ability to professionally represent the organization, build relationships and negotiate in the best interest of the Company.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to review and proof the work of others, as well as themselves, to ensure accuracy. Physical Demands:
- Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies and/or Company Policy.
- Extended periods of walking over varied terrain will be required to periodically oversee work activities in the field.
- Position may also require prolonged periods of sitting to accomplish administrative duties (reading/reviewing documents, writing, typing and/or operating a computer, using the telephones, etc.) Occasional periods of bending, squatting, lifting, or climbing are required and would more often be associated with activities taking place outside the office. Working Conditions:
- The position frequently works under time constraints to meet deadlines and assure operational continuity.
- Frequent contact is required with peers, management, operations, contracts, right-of-way, environmental affairs, and safety.
- Individual will be required to carry a Client mobile phone and must be willing and able to support projects 24/7, in case of emergencies or under special circumstances.
- Able and willing to work overtime, as needed.
- Up to 25% of the time spent travelling to project sites, including the United States and Canada. Supervisory Responsibility:
- Must be able to supervise the work of and the productivity of several contractors and field inspectors at once.