Doc Controller Lead required by our client to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston & Beaumont, Texas in the USA.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- In charge of the document management system (ADHOC) implementation on the Project from contract award of the Project to hand-over of the installations.
- Use an electronic documentation management system (EDMS) in his day-to-day activities:
- Register and integrate contractor-produced documents; register transmittal sheets in, define and launch review work-flows, maintain the distribution matrix for this purpose, follow up and expedite reviewing process.
- Compile commented document; prepare transmittal sheets out and transmit back to contractor.
- Manage the review process of documentation.
- Perform on-going MDR quality maintenance.
- Train and be the focal point for the work of lwer leel document controller(s).
- Oversee Meta Data Management, and the entire deliverable management processes and reports.
- Control the conformity of contractor-issued documents:
- Use special tools enabling automatic control.
- Comment on conformity of documents to the Review Leader.
- Perform the following other duties:
- Compliance with procedures and specifications, possibly proposing improvements
- Support the Project team in the use of EDMS,
- Maintain and archive a set of master hard copies of drawings or other documents, as required.
- Coordinates with the Document Controllers on other sub-projects, to ensure an effective control of the overall Project documentation management.
- Coordinates the implementation of established company documentation procedures.
- Checks the progress of documents production by contractors in coordination with Progress & Planning engineer.
- Prepares the handover of Project Documentation to Operations and the filing of Project document to archives.
- Administration of the MDR /EDL (electronic data log).
- Administration of share point, potential migration to another system/software for document control management.
- Ensures that deliverable and correspondence management process is effectively implemented as per RC guidance's and procedures.
- Minimum - bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 15 years of industry related experience.
- Extensive background in Managing and maintaining an electronic filing system for required documentation by specific large integrated project.
- The knowledge to Liaise with the project teams to understand work plans and associated service requirements from Document Control.
- Ability to Coordinate and prioritize work for lower level Document Controllers to ensure consistency of training, work processes and enforcement of Document Control procedures.
- Experienced in computer systems, software and techniques related to EDMS on Project; using specifics software like Share-Point, Documentum, ECM, ProjectWise etc...
- Knowledge and experience in personal computing skills in Microsoft's Windows Office suite of applications including MS Outlook. In addition, knowledge of other applications and cost control databases e.g. SAP Oracle database, MS Access, etc. and application packages such as PowerPoint would be beneficial.
- An ability to liaise effectively at all organizational levels and to represent the Project on doc related matters.
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing).
- Knowledge on Quality system and their implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter.
- Innovative / creative / resourceful.
- Leadership to manage complex projects.
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented.
- Capacity to anticipate project issues.
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener.