SENIOR FIELD ENGINEER required by our Client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
Engineer will be primarily responsible for consulting with clients on existing well testing, maintenance and new installations, analyzing problems and recommending solutions, contacting potential vendors, and preparing project budgets, assisting with procurement services, supervising projects on site, and completing reports for submittal to clients and regulatory agencies. Engineer is expected to become knowledgeable of all state and federal regulations regarding waste injection wells and underground storage wells. Typical projects include new well drills, sidetracking/recompleting of existing wells, stimulation and cleaning of wells to improve performance, and repair of wells with failed equipment. The ability to travel for extended periods is a job requirement.
Specifically, the Engineer will:
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and budget for individual projects;
- Prepare detailed procedures for projects including: well testing, acid treatment, wireline diagnostics, coiled tubing, workover, drilling and sidetracking;
- Solicit bids and pre-qualify potential vendors;
- Analyze bids, select, and contract project vendors;
- Supervise site work;
- Manage project costs, prepare scope change requests, and meet with clients to review project cost and progress;
- Interact with regulatory agency personnel; and
- Prepare final reports on projects for submittal to client and regulatory agencies.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Appropriate candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering and good writing skills. 10+ years of relevant experience is desired.
- Good computer skills with word processing, spreadsheet, and other office and presentation programs are a must.
- Candidates should possess good communication skills and have the ability to function in various work situations in office and at client's facility.
- This position requires a more mature team player with a broad base of skills and abilities that enable the applicant to handle projects from the beginning to completion.
- A considerable amount of time may be spent outside the office at various project sites throughout all areas of the United States.