PROJECT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in the UK, Surrey.
Industry Sector: Renewable Energy
- To ensure the effective progression of a project from initial contract with a client to final account to achieve the company's objectives in relation to service, profitability and development.
- Maintain on site relations with the Client to ensure continuity and repeat orders on a negotiated basis.
- Assesses feasibility of Project in relation to technical, financial and organisation resources of the company. Takes account of any special engineering, design, location or scale factors affecting the project.
- Ensure plans of action are developed and implemented to meet Client needs.
- Scrutinises contract document and identify and interpret the implications of any special features. Refers contract document for approval / interpretation in accordance with defined procedures.
- Establishes Budget Price and advised Client.
- Ensures Estimating Department gets sufficient notice and details of project. Agrees labour norms used and approves final estimate.
Project team and Site Establishment
- Agrees Project Team make-up and size with the contracts.
- Establishes site establishment and services requirement and advises Estimating Department of these.
- Agrees with the Contracts Manager the Allocation of Project Engineer and type and number of staff he will control.
- The PM will call an on-site meeting prior to the start of construction. The Contracts Manager and PE will attend together with representatives of the QS, estimating and technical functions or any other who in the judgement of the PM should attend.
- The meeting will agree a detailed programme covering all aspects of the progressing of the together with a timetable for scheduling and completing the project. Thereafter the PM will monitor performance against programme. He will identify and account for any deviations from the programme and determine what corrective action is needed.
- Ensure all information required is available to Planning Department agrees plan.
- Agrees Identification of activities for specific computer monitoring.
Functional control of Project Engineer
- Responsible for identifying the full-time and part-time manpower resources required by the Project Engineer, e.g. decides on needs for Quantity Surveyors Site Estimators, Technical Engineering Support, Store men and Stores manning.
- Ensure that systems for the recording and reporting of work completed and of material and equipment movements are adhered to.
- Establishes guidelines for the handling of variations, i.e. whether on site or through HO.
- Monitor in detail progress and performance in all these areas.
Progress and Final Payments.
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available on site to keep to schedule.
- Agrees the formulation of all payments, particularly regarding the size, make-up and presentation of special evaluations.
- Responsible for anticipating or identifying al circumstances justifying special evaluations.
- Ensure that all finalising arrangements under the contract are honoured.
- Negotiates with Client as required on all matters.
- Performs any special assignments as required by the Managing Director.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with Clients, prospective Clients and their representatives.
- Reports on progress to the Contracts Manager in a detail and at intervals determined by him.
- Liaises with and ensures co-ordination with other divisions.
- Receives copies of all mail relating to projects to which he is assigned.
- Interprets the limits and requirements for Insurance Cover and advises the Financial Controller.
- Ensures that the Project Engineer attaches appropriate authorisation / documentation to all requisitions not related to material covered by the updated bill of materials.
- Keeps abreast of technical and commercial developments in contracting and related fields.
- Logs time and costs incurred in performance of his duties against the relevant specific projects.
- Sets an example of loyalty, enthusiasm and hard work in the performance of his duties.