ENGINEERING MANAGER AND DEPUTY PED required by our client, an International Oil and Gas company to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Texas, US.
- Function self-sufficiently, with little direction or supervision on project engineering/management activities.
- Position requires strong understanding of the technical aspects of process and project development and execution, as well as ability to understand and satisfy internal customers' needs/requirements.
- Supervise team of owner subject matter experts, and manage a large multi-discipline team of engineering contractors
- There is strong involvement and interfacing with government agencies and neighboring communities, especially in terms of environmental and safety issues.
- Work with an international project team including technical resources and executive project sponsors
- Strong involvement and influence in project development and project organisation
- Predicts and avoids problems before they impact project performance
- Lead team meetings and provide communication to leadership regarding project status
- Establishes appropriate action/implementation plans
- Selects, directs, coordinates and manages engineering contractors, vendors and subcontractors
- Reviews and approves designs, estimates, plans and change orders
- Manages local and international project resources: capital, time, manpower
- Works well in a matrix organization and provides clear and timely communication to project members and stakeholders (Project controls, Construction management, startup team)
- Provides day to day direction of activities for an international team of discipline engineers
- Set direction, manage priorities, and provide clear and timely communication to the team
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project engineering / project management.
- Thorough understanding of project management and project execution strategies, including owner/engineer contracting strategies
- Working knowledge of Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) and Primavera P6 is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Leadership to manage complex projects
- Decision making
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Strong communicator
- Strong, competent negotiating skills.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener