CRANE ENGINEER required by our client on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Work with E&M Mission Equipment Group to minimize crane downtime and maintain a safety culture with a goal of zero incidents.
- Conduct annual audits to verify crane maintenance is being done accordance with MDR guidelines.
- Maintain, update, develop new training manuals used to instruct and teach maintenance and inspection personnel.
- Conduct training classes to maintenance and inspection personnel in accordance with developed manuals and OEM.
- Work with the E&M Mission Equipment Group on a continuous improvement process to identify and implement areas where improvements were noted during the audits and training.
- Attend new build installations, commissioning, load tests, and 5-year certification load tests, verify all operational safety procedures and documentation are completed as listed in the guidelines
- Support daily operations and requests for support, information, and solutions
- Assist in drafting new equipment specifications
- Assist new build projects by assisting with QC, ITP, FAT, drawing review, information review,
- specifications clarifications, startup, commissioning, load test and final acceptance.
- Conduct review lift plans for all critical lift
- Monitor regulatory crane requirements and client requirements to assure the cranes are compliant and ready to perform.
- Maintain and update the crane digital library on Internal Sharepoint.
- Maintain a friendly business relationship with crane manufacturers and vendors.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years' experience with crane design or maintenance and inspection of offshore and heavy lift cranes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent field experience
- Familiar with industry crane standards and class requirements
- Familiar with inspection and maintenance of offshore and heavy lift cranes
- Understand crane operations in an offshore environment
- Good communicator with strong organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Self-starter with good attitude and initiative
- Safety conscientious.