WINDFARM COMMISSIONING PROJECT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Taiwan.
Industry Sector: Renewable Energy
- Ensure electrical safety and timely energisation of the windfarm and optimal power production during the Construction phase.
- Setting up operational Safety from the system for HV/LV, ensuring compliance with project specific HSE manual, DEESR and local legislation
- Manage the SAP team and Interim Maintenance Organization
- Develop and coordinate the energisation schedule, in conjunction with project planners. Include all possible alternate scenarios.
- Facilitate coordination and overall planning of all commissioning activities and interfaces (Stage 1)
- Management of all Stage 2 commissioning activities (Energisation)
- Report on progress and risks
- Setup the Interim Maintenance Organization and ensure interim maintenance are prepared and executed according to OFTO requirements
- Ensure optimal power production during the commissioning, provide required production forecast
- Manage transfer of the operational activities to O&M
- Technical Management of TSO (TenneT / National Grid) interface for energization and operation
- CAPEX & DEVEX Inputs
- Input to employers' requirements for electrical equipment
- Ensure project specific training regarding electrical safety are planned and executed
- Acquire and train SAP team Interim Maintenance Manager.
- Setup operational safety from the system process and HV control room
- Chair commissioning panel meetings
- Audit ITP incl. test protocols for electrical equipment prior to FAT/SAT/SIT
- Participate in daily site planning meetings during construction phase
- Assist Project Management with transfer to OFTO and O&M
- Operate the windfarm - including load forecasts, REMIT and outage management
- Align 240 Hour, Transmission Operator compliance tests, 200 Hour Park control test across test stakeholders
- DEVEX & CAPEX input to Construction costing form
- Reporting to construction manager
- Commissioning panel minutes of meeting
- Commissioning management plan including overall energization program
- Control Point Protocol
- Safety Rules Guidance Notes
- Pre-energisation procedures
- Switching Programmes
- Control Room SAP Logs
- Prioritise commissioning activities across packages
- Final decision power for energisation activities
- Raise risk related to Energisation
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong personal drive and a proactive mindset
- Substantial track record in leading and motivating teams of highly skilled engineers.
- Several years of project management experience within the transmission and distribution market preferably with offshore wind farm projects.
- Relevant technical education, for example a degree in engineering (ideally Electrical engineering) or equivalent.
- Electrical skilled person (EN50110)