SITE TECHNICIAN required by our client, to be hire on a contract basis, located in Taiwan.
Industry Sector: Renewable Energy
- Checks, inspections, repair and maintenance offshore.
- Day to day tasks mostly offshore
- Lead Site Tech:
- Conduct and record toolbox talks and other relevant HSE documentation
- Ensure the necessary quality documentation is prepared and collected for archiving
- Liaises with Offshore Operations Manager in connection with planning of the operations
- Be available to attend call-outs in accordance with vessel movements and construction requirements, including weekends and evenings
- Maintenance and replacement of defective fall-arrestors
- Cleaning of offshore assets using jet/power washer (includes boat landings etc.)
- Keep records of offshore structures for bird guano
- Generator fuelling and removal
- Installation and removal of reflectors (in support of installation vessels)
- Maintenance of and replacement of defective Aviation/Temporary Navigation light on assets
- Site walk-downs and checks (as directed by CM)
- Inspection and certification of hook-on points
- General yard duties, which will include manual handling (in support of Yard Supervisor)
- Assist with maintenance and re-fuelling of offshore substation and generators
- Assist with fuelling of vessels
- Removal of waste from structures
- Cleaning mould/mildew and removal of water from inside the TP's
- Ad-hoc tasks (both onshore and offshore)
- Extra tasks taken over for packages where agreed and where budget is following the tasks:
- Walk down/handover inspection on Foundation, WTG, TPs etc.
- Check, maintain and replace any damaged items on the offshore structures such as gate pins, latches, etc.
- Assisting SAP's with fitting of locks and chains during commissioning
- Servicing, repair, re-fuelling and removal of foundation generators
- Confined Space Work
- Installation and removal of prisms
- Offshore Sub-Station crane operations
- Removal of Navigation lights
- Install and removal of internal sacrificial anodes
- Projects can in some cases decide to have one Lead Site Technician caring for the daily management of site techs, authority will then be defined by the project.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years of relevant experience / Lead Site Technicians 5 years of similar jobs.
- Relevant education: Rigger/Bandsman/Slinger, Cutting/Grinding/Drilling and confined space
- Trained and authorised by the fall arrest system manufacturer to repair and replace SRL fall arrest system