HARBOUR SITE SUPERVISOR required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Taiwan.
Industry Sector: Renewable Energy
- The Harbour Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily housekeeping on site and various tasks related to the operation of the site facilities
- Supervision of harbour site activities
- All PPE is up to date
- Crane and forklift operations
- Stock and warehouse monitoring
- Maintenance of site facilities
- Assist the project HSE department regarding harbour site specific issues
- Management of safety equipment: PPE, climbing gear including keeping record of inventory and keeping track of the use of PPE, monitoring service life of PPE.
- Site stock management - consumables for the building
- Authorise all forklift and crane operation onshore and organise availability of crane
- Daily housekeeping on site and vehicles, general site upkeep management
- Building, facility and site boundary safety checks
- Monitor and record site electricity and water use
- Liaise with port waste management contractors
- Site office delivery management.
- Liaise with shipyard, site security company, and local site contractors.
- Call out -duty outside normal working hours.
- Data input of all PPE that requires certification
- Keep a quarantined area for damaged tools and PPE
- Supporting the construction management with ad hoc tasks
- Daily /weekly/ monthly/Annual building safety checks
- PPE record
- Storage record
- Calibration/certification records
- Facility safety checks
- Agreed at the specific project. Could be:
- Generate proposals for supplies to be purchased by Lead Site Secretary
- Generate proposals for new PPE equipment to be ordered by Site Management
- Scrap failing PPE and lifting equipment
- Right to call for local suppliers for minor urgent jobs eg plumber
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Recommended relevant education: Preferred craftsman
- Recommended years of experience from similar position: three to five years and local knowledge
- Recommended years of experience working in project matrix organisation: Not relevant
- Preferred driving licence for forklifts
- Recommended years of relevant work experience within wind and/or construction: three to five years of work on construction site.
- For German projects: Handling dangerous goods.