GRID CONNECTION MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Stamford, Connecticut, USA.
Industry Sector: Renewable Energy
- Manage, plan and negotiate grid interconnection agreements for offshore wind projects in PJM. NYISO and NEISO control areas ensure that requirements in grid codes.
- Standards and tariffs relevant to interconnection processes in the IJS are incorporated into the wind farm design.
- Monitor the development of grid framework conditions in relevant US markets and together with the regulatory team advise on how to engage.
- Assess the need for and scope grid interconnection studies
- Interact with relevant authorities and grid owners/operators, project team. regulatory team and support project activities as required.
- Support the electrical discipline within the project including interfaces with other disciplines
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline and (preferably) more than 10 years of relevant work experience. and at least 5 years experiences from generator interconnection processes from gfld operators / owners or consulting companies.
- Candidates with bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum 10 years proven relevant work experience or candidates with a master's degree with less than 10 years general experience but 5 years with generator interconnection processes experience may also apply.
- Ability to live by "l am safety" expectations
- Systematic, structured and target driven with well-defined goals.
- Ability and motivation to get to know business practices
- Ability to energise and motivate people
- High level of self-autonomy and initiative
- Team player, trust builder, with strong networking skills
- Able to deliver results in a high-pressure environment