DIRECTOR OF CONTRACTS required by our client, to be hired on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas in the USA.
Provides support in Risk Assessment and strategies to manage identified risk within proposals and established contracts. The Director will also develop Risk Management profiles and work processes to facilitate consistent approaches to bids, proposals, project execution, and operations. They will also provide support to Projects, Operations, and Sales/Marketing with commercial issues and be assigned to special Corporate Projects.
- Supports Management/Project Management in review and risk assessment and establish management and close out of major contracts. Develops, maintains and updates as necessary corporate contract procedures and strategies.
- Reviews vendor/customer contracts to ensure conformance to project/operations specifications and to identify deviations from accepted company policy, practice and any unusual business or logistical risk.
- Ensures that standard terms and conditions are in place on all major vendor contracts. Generates action responsibility lists and expedites corrective action where necessary.
- Acts as liaison with general council and obtains general council approval of all terms and conditions for contracts.
- Reviews current contracts for assurance of administrative compliance.
- Responsible for the coordination and set up of new office operations for specific project locations. This coordination effort includes the assignment of personnel, development of project policies and procedures, government interface, client interface, and fiscal/ legal compliance.
- Assists in contractual content review of all major proposals and RFQ's as directed.
- Assigned to special Corporate projects as directed by the GM of Corporate Services
- Assists with the commercial aspects of contract negotiation as directed.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, or Accounting with a Juris Doctorate or equivalent required.
- Management and or Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Exposure to technical operations in the offshore energy business is a plus.
- Must have PC skills and considerable knowledge, accounting/financial system software and project software.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Business Suite (especially Excel, Access and Power Point) with ability to download, manage and report data.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel internationally on a frequent basis.