Lead Umbilical Installation Engineer required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Malaysia and India.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
Responsibilities will include:
- Act as subject expert relating to all installation operations are planned and executed to fulfil all standards within project specifications and to ensure a safe working environment.
- Facilitate all constructability reviews and risk analysis sessions for all operations pertaining to onshore testing, load out and offshore installation activities
- Accountable for subsea umbilicals delivery in-line with all project objectives, industry standards and current best engineering practices.
- Close liaison required with Subsea Controls Engineer and Subsea Systems Engineer to ensure that the selected umbilical design is fully integrated within the subsea system architecture, providing all required system functional, interface, installation and operational requirements and which results in optimized CAPEX/OPEX expenditures.
- Knowledgeable of the fundamental principles pertinent to umbilical design and fabrication techniques, electrical power and signal transmission, optical signal transmission, hydraulic power transmission, chemical injection transmission, umbilical installation techniques and analyses, seabed stabilities etc
- Knowledgeable of umbilical components and umbilical assembly testing including qualification testing, manufacturing testing and production testing requirements throughout the product lifecycle
- Aware of relevant umbilical installation techniques and limitations, including hang-off and pull-in designs and with reference to shore approach and shore pull-in operations.
- Knowledgeable of Company Representative activities and day-to-day management of Umbilical Contractor including:
- Review of Contractor's qualification, manufacturing and testing plans and procedures.
- Witnessing of Contractor qualification and acceptance tests.
- Review, comment and verify Contractors Detailed Engineering related to umbilical.
- Review and comment on specifications, requisitions, designs, procedures, layout arrangements and all documentation issued by the Contractors.
- Prepare and present technical dossiers on particular issues during Engineering.
- Review, comment, participate and attend HAZID, HAZOP, Risk Assessments.
- Demonstrable extensive knowledge of the installation aspects of the project contract to identify changes or risks to the installations scope
- Lead installation analysis team to ensure that installation feasibility fulfils all project requirements, safety requirements and is completed within allotted time and budget
- Ensure analyses are performed within vessel limitations
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years umbilical experience
- Strong offshore installation background in both shallow and deep water (water depths to just over 2000m)
- Strong in analysis and familiar with Orcaflex
- 2 Year assignment on PMC