SERVICE TECHNICIAN required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Singapore.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- To operate and carry out maintenance or repair work on all machinery and equipment.
Reports to: Service Team Leader
- To perform all mechanical or electrical installation tasks in support of new and existing machinery working from engineering drawings or schematics, with minimum supervision. This will include equipment such as a generator, transformer, load bank or temperature control equipment.
- To troubleshoot machinery failure or breakdown (mechanical and electrical) and to perform remedial action while referring to equipment manuals or electrical schematics with minimum supervision. This will include equipment such as a generator, transformer, load bank or temperature control equipment.
- To strip down and report the condition of a wide range of equipment as stated earlier. To advise on spare parts and to rebuild to a high standard.
- To assemble and operate all equipment which includes the generator, transformer, load bank, temperature control equipment and other equipment.
- To be able and ready to travel for on / off-shore jobs on a short notice and to be able to respond to any emergency breakdown calls after office hours.
- To be able to use a variety of analogue and digital measurement equipment for electrical and mechanical parameter measurements.
- Liaises with internal / external customers of work in progress including feedback of possible delays or conflict of priorities
- Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner at all times to prevent any incidents/accidents.
- All work should meet suitable standards of craftsmanship, standard codes and specifications, established Company practices, and within assigned guide lines, ensuring that the technical, scope, budget, quality, delivery dateline, health and safety and environmental objectives are achieved
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Practically orientated and capable of contributing to the technical approach used to achieve the company / customer objectives.
- Pro-active and capable of working un-supervised.
- Having a disciplined approach to work with pride in their achievements.
- A committed team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work closely with other members of the department and one who will inter-act well with customers.
- Contribute to the improvement of the department by challenging current practice and identifying areas for improvement.
- The person is expected to be flexible including working outside of normal work hours and weekend working on occasions when required.
- Able to commute reliably to office base.
- Mature and domestically secure. Must be able and willing to spend up to 4 weeks away from home on on/off-shore assignments.
- Equipment based knowledge
- Heavy equipment technician
- Good command of spoken & written English
- Experience in generators
- Experience in transformers & load banks
- Experience in temperature control equipment
- Higher NITEC in Mechanical Engineering or
- Higher NITEC in Mechatronics Engineering or
- Higher NITEC in Electrical Engineering or
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or
- Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or
- Diploma in Mechatronics or
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Riggers course
- Signalmen course
- Lifting supervisors' safety course
- Forklift driver's license
- Valid Singapore Class 3 Driving license
- Basic offshore safety induction and emergency training course
Key Roles Interactions
- Operations Manager
- Service Administrator
- Service Engineer / Assistant Service Technician
- Fork lift driver
- Yard Assistant
- Sales Administrator
- Sales Engineer