PROCESS ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, USA.
Industry: Oil & Gas
- Creates drawings, specifications, etc. of existing or new technology or applications and ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise.
- Prepares documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labour reporting and systems reporting.
- Independently develops solutions to non-recurring problems by analysing, interpreting and evaluating various precedents and data. Anticipates potential problems and takes preventative actions.
- Consults with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions. Identifies root cause of problems. Develops alternative solutions and communicates associated benefits and risks.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- Assists in project cost estimates.
- Assists and/or checks the work of drafters and designers and less experienced engineers. Helps prepare project plans, schedules, budgets and status reports.
- Participates in product standardization projects.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 5-7 years of relevant experience or master's degree with 3-5 years' experience
- Detailed knowledge of at least one process technology or significant knowledge of multiple technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to independently create functional & cost-effective designs that meet complex specification requirements.
- Must demonstrate ability to prepare root cause analysis, develop alternative solutions and communicate associated benefits and risks.
- Regularly demonstrates capability for conceptualizing designs.
- Understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margins, profit impact of decisions) affecting assigned areas.
- Must be proficient in use of CAD and Database systems related to Engineering functions.
- Demonstrates good organization and project planning skills.