Electrical Engineer required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, USA.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- The Electrical Engineer will use expertise to develop new hypotheses and theories and to make recommendations which result in significant changes to important areas of engineering programs.
- Assignments involve very extensive and highly diversified systems, project or program.
- Projects are of major significance, extensive cost, diverse complexity and strategic importance.
- Identifies, assesses, plans and develops novel product concepts and business models that build new product or system options.
- Supports the growth of new business by taking a balanced view of the technology investment portfolio to integrate market needs with emerging technologies.
- Leads the design, development and support of very extensive, highly diversified systems, projects or programs from concept to technology transfer to project delivery.
- Sponsors new project technologies and solicits understanding and support of other line managers and senior managers for major technology step changes.
- Champions key projects with company objectives in mind to achieve strategic objectives.
- Collaborates in the evaluation and assessment of competitive products, processes or new trends.
- Develops reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations.
- Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- Assists with project cost estimates.
- Writes department process procedures and policies as required.
- This position has no direct reports but will do the following:
- Mentor and teach / coach problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff; Actively progresses the corporate knowledge base.
- Regularly required to negotiate, justify or resolve important or controversial engineering matters.
- Frequently meets with high ranking officials in a variety of sensitive, problematic or unstructured settings.
- Actively participates in high level conferences or meetings on issues of considerable consequence or importance
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering required
- Years of experience is less important than type, depth and breadth of experiences
- Recognized nationally as an expert and consultant in specialized engineering areas
- EPC electrical experience preferred
- Marine experience required; Exposure to certifying agencies such as ABS, DNV, BV would be preferred
- Oil and Gas experience required; subsea, upstream, midstream, or downstream
- Experience with Fire and Gas detection and safety systems a plus
- Some hazardous area design experience to ATEX, IEC Ex, API 505, EI 15, etc. required
- Hands on field experience in commissioning or factory acceptance testing is a big plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of lighting design a plus; but not required
- Demonstrated mastery of an area of engineering which may cross engineering and scientific disciplines
- Demonstrated abilities and contribution to successful engineering project outcomes will be given significant weight
- Viewed by senior managers as a technical and business leader with successes in technology development and engineering strategy
- Consistently demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions and alternatives
- Read/review single line drawings power distribution systems & P&IDs
- Evaluate all business factors related to project / program and make sound recommendations that meet broad goals and company priorities
- Generate simple schematics for power distribution systems and check drawings against client and class specifications
- Develop/review data sheets for electrical equipment
- Read, review, interpret and write customer specifications and technical responses and deviations
- Design or review cable tray design and layouts and cable routing