Rotating Equipment Engineer required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Review client's ITT and prepare technical queries for the clarification and prepare deviation list.
- Attend meeting with Client to clarify Client's questions and to ask clarification on their requirement.
- Carry out preliminary driver study along with process team to find out optimum drivers for major rotating equipment i.e. GTG (Gas Turbine Generators), Gas Compressors and Water Injection Pumps etc., to meet the project requirement.
- Based on driver study, prepare RFQ documents for major rotating equipment.
- Review vendor proposal, clarification with vendors and prepare TBE (Technical Bid Evaluation).
- Coordinate multiple discipline engineers to evaluate bidder's proposals.
- Coordinate and support buyers to finalize Scope of Work and CBE (Commercial Bid Evaluation).
- Evaluate potential risk technically and/or commercially associated with the rotating equipment and contribute to Project Risk Analysis.
- Prepare all technical documents / information required to complete proposal.
- Manage complete and smooth hand over of awarded projects to Project Execution team.
- Supervise and support project execution team's TBE of rotating equipment as necessary.
- Support project execution team by attending FAT of rotating equipment if required.
- Attend HAZID and HAZOP study as required by project.
- Review feedback and lessons learned from Operation team and Project Execution team and implement those to Company general specification and project requisition specification as required.
- Check industry trends and new technologies around turbo machineries and offshore business.
- Have technical authorities on rotating machineries
- Consult to Operations trouble shootings.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering; a Master's in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- PE License preferred
- 10+ years engineering experience in rotating equipment and turbo machineries in offshore business
- GTG, STG, Centrifugal compressor, Screw Compressor, Centrifugal Pump required
- Floater experience in FPSO, FSO, Semi-submergible preferred
- Installation and Commissioning activities is preferred
- SAP preferred, but not mandatory
- rotor-dynamic analysis Familiar with Operation, Maintenance and repair methods of rotating equipment Familiar with relevant industry' codes and standards like API, ASME, PTC, and NFPA