HSE ENGINEER required by our client on a contract basis, located in the USA.
Industry Sector: Renewables
- Provision of HSE competence and expertise to HSE Management under the Team scope of work.
- Implementation and Q/A of the HSE management systems and reporting systems including potential site-specific instructions.
- Planning, executing and documenting HSE activities and results using agreed procedures.
- Efficient Site HSE Team support to:
- Project organisation
- Site Organisations
- Demonstrate commitment to develop HSE activities within
- New Markets HSE
- Role model a safety culture that promotes effective management of HSE
- Planning and coordination of HSE activities and responsibilities.
- Standardization of Site HSE deliverables
- Planning, execution and follow-up on HSE activities/registrations
- Supervision, control and reporting on Contractor related:
- Risk assessments and method statements
- HSE arrangements & construction activities
- Overall safety performance
- Design risk assessments
- Incident analysis
- Ad hoc duties as require
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant academic or technical background, eg at Degree level or similar, with basic knowledge on HSE issues
- Completed IOSH course or NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction to certificate level.
- Preferable completed NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction to Diploma Level.
- Ability to demonstrate work experience with HSE, ideally in a construction environment.
- Investigation of health, safety related issues, with experience in fostering a good health and safety culture
- An advantage if experience in construction design and management, from offshore wind projects or from engineering.
- It is essential with an aptitude for working at heights and offshore, as visit to offshore wind turbines on a frequent basis
- Will be familiar with the Microsoft Office software.
- Good communication skills and able to write and speak English fluently. Skills necessary to facilitate communication and cooperation with your colleagues in challenging situations.