CIVIL AND STRUCTURE SME required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- The CSA engineering will be the Client representative at EPC Contractor location offices.
- His role will be to ensure the required quality level in accordance with Client requirements during Detailed engineering and Construction phases.
- Review and approve detailed engineering documents in CSA
- Coordinate with other Client discipline representatives (Rotating Equipment, Pressure Vessels, Piping, Elec/Instrum …) to perform consistency checks of EPC Contractor's deliverables (technical documentation) and follow the design progress.
- Interact on daily basis with EPC contractor CSA discipline leader(s)
- Report to the Client CSA leader in close co-operation with Client engineering manager
- Mobilisation, quality and progress control (KPI set-up & follow) of EPC Contractor's activities in CSA
- Ensure that all set of EPC Contractor project specifications covering the scope of discipline is in line with Client requirements
- Review and approval of EPC contractor detailed engineering deliverables, ensuring those are in accordance with Client requirements and project specifications.
- Follow-up of CSA Material Take-Off and report any evolution encountered
- Ensure proper selection of fabrication and construction subcontractors by EPC Contractor, participate to clarification meetings with Subcontractors: for building, piling, rail spurs, steel fabrication subcontracts.
- Participate to Technical Bid analysis & evaluation of subcontractors prior to PO.
- Assess any deviation request coming from EPC Contractor & Subcontractors as Customer representative.
- Attend Kick of meetings with EPC Contractor and Subcontractors.
- Review and approval of detailed design documents submitted by Subcontractors
- Visits at Subcontractor's location and construction site for hold points in order to ensure quality of fabrication and construction
- Participate to Client assessment for final acceptance of buildings, civil and structural works (if necessary)
- Review as Built dossier from EPC Contractor / Subcontractors
All along EPC phase activities
- Participate to engineering coordination & planning meetings
- Ensure that multi discipline interface coordination by EPC Contractor is effective
- Regular reporting and close co-operation with Client CSA discipline leader (based in Lyon, France) and Client engineering manager (based in Houston)
- Architectural and building works
- Site preparation works: excavation and backfilling, piling and underground networks
- Concrete works (foundation)
- Structural steel works
- Roads, parking's
- The Civil and Structure SME is accountable for Engineering monitoring, analysis and reporting accurate project engineering data for start the construction in good condition.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in project engineering, Civil or Structural Engineer registered as Professional Engineer in the US
- Experience in Onshore petrochemical segment and revamping projects
- Deep knowledge of PIP standards, IBC, ACI, ASCE and AISC codes
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Leadership to manage complex projects
- Decision making
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment, including experience with European vendors is a must-have.
- Strong communicator
- Strong, competent negotiating skills.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener