PACKAGE SME required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- The SME package will be the customer representative at contractor location and later on at vendors locations.
- His role will be to ensure the defined quality level is implemented during Engineering and construction phases.
- He will have to interact with and coordinate SMEs of other discipline (Instrumentation, Static, Piping, Civil, Structural,) for packages in its scope of work.
- He will report functionally to Equipment lead and administratively to the Equipment group lead.
- Ensure all set of General Specification covering the scope of discipline fits Customer expectations and purchase quality level.
- Final review of Datasheet for Call for Bid and Datasheet for PO.
- Review Technical Bid evaluations and recommendations prior to PO.
- Assess any deviation request coming from Vendor as Customer representative.
- Attend Kick of meeting (& PIM if required) either at Contractor or Vendor location.
- Review Vendor deliverables (TDS, GA drawings, Mechanical calculations notes, ITP, manufacturing & test procedures)
- Construction schedule follow-up
- Non-Compliance Report with resolution approval
- Spot visit at Vendor location
- Performances tests attendance and Final reception before Release for Shipment
- VDB review.
- DT SMEs back office
- Reporting and close cooperation with Equipment leaders
- Coordination (regular exchanges and telephone conferences)
- Management of changes
- Ensures that main technical concerns have been transmitted to DT leaders for validation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project engineering, Rotating equipment Senior Engineer with proven reference on Vendor follow up.
- Experience in Chemical Specialties
- Good knowledge of ASME B73.1 & B73.3, API 610, API 619, API 675/676.
- Strong Knowledge of API 617, API 685 and on compressor packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Leadership to manage complex projects
- Decision making
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment, including experience with European vendors is a must-have.
- Strong communicator
- Strong, competent negotiating skills.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener