VESSEL SME required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Stationary Equipment (drums, towers, Heat Exchangers…)
- Fired heated equipment and Package (Furnace, Thermal Oxidizer)
- Support on Machinery for auxiliaries.
- The SME static will be the customer representative at contractor location and later on at vendors locations.
- His role will to ensure the defined quality level is implemented during Engineering and construction phases.
- He will have to interact with other SME on other discipline (Machinery, Piping, Civil, Structural,) to perform consistency checks.
- Will report to the Equipment group lead.
- Ensure all set of General Specification covering the scope of discipline fits Customer expectations and purchase quality level.
- Final review of Datasheet prior launch Call for Bid prior PO award.
- Review Technical Bid evaluation and recommendations prior PO.
- Assess any deviation request coming from Vendor as Customer representative
- Attend Kick of meeting either at Contractor or Vendor location.
- Review on specifics (GA drawings, Mechanical Calculations notes, welding books, ITP, manufacturing procedures.)
- Attendance to PIM as design closure.
- Non-Compliance Report with resolution approval
- Spot visit at Vendor location
- Final reception prior Release for Shipment
- As built files review.
- DT SMEs back office
- Coordination (regular exchanges and telephone conferences)
- Management of changes
- Ensures that main technical concerns have been transmitted to DT leaders for validation.
- The vessel SME is accountable for Engineering monitoring, analysis and reporting accurate project engineering data for start the construction in good condition.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in project engineering, Stationary equipment Senior Engineer (PE is a plus) with proven reference on Vendor
- follow up Experience in Chemical Specialties
- ASME / API620 knowledge, Fitness for Service Basis.
- Good metallurgical knowledge
- Strong Knowledge of sheet metal and fabrication, machining,
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Leadership to manage complex projects
- Decision making
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment, including experience with European vendors is a must-have.
- Strong communicator
- Strong, competent negotiating skills.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener