PIPING SME required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Piping (pipes & accessories), manual & on-off valves
- Piping Support
- Painting & Insulation
- Corrosion & Cathodic protection
- The Piping Material Supervisor will be the Customer's representative at Contractor location and later at the vendors' & piping material suppliers or subcontractors' locations.
- His role will be to ensure the required quality level in accordance with Customer's rules & technical specifications during Engineering and Construction phases.
- Interact with other Customer's Discipline Specialists (Rotating Equipment, Pressure Vessels, Civil, Structural …) to perform consistency checks of the Contractor's deliverables (technical documentation) and follow the Design & Manufacturing progress.
- Report to the Piping Mat. Group Lead in close co-operation with Customer's Engineering Manager.
- Mobilisation, quality and progress control (KPI set-up & follow) of the Contractor's activities
- Ensure that all set of Contractor's General Specification covering the scope of discipline fits Customer's expectations and purchase quality level.
- Studies follow-up to ensure that Engineering technical issued documents for material purchase and construction are in accordance with Customer's design requirements.
- Validate Suppliers selected by the Contractor, participate to Supplier's meeting if necessary.
- Technical Bid analysis & evaluation prior to PO.
- Piping Material MTO results analysis
- Assess any deviation request coming from Vendors as Customer representative.
- Attend Kick of meetings either at Contractor or Vendor location.
- Review of specific technical documents as valves GA & cross-sectional drawings, Piping Material Certificates, Piping Calculation Notes, Calculations notes, welding books, ITP, manufacturing procedures, …)
- Spot visits at Vendors location
- Interface coordination with local discipline representatives
- Final reception prior to Release for Shipment
- Participate to mechanical acceptation, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities (if necessary)
- As built files review.
All along EPC phase activities
- Participate to engineering coordination & planning meetings
- Ensure that multi discipline interface coordination is effective
- Regular Reporting and close co-operation with DT Piping Material leader and project manager
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience in project engineering, Piping Material Senior Engineer with proven reference on Vendor follow up.
- follow up Experience in Chemical Specialties
- Deep knowledge of the ASME B31.3 & ASME/ASTM material standards.
- Good metallurgical knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Leadership to manage complex projects
- Decision making
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment, including experience with European vendors is a must-have.
- Strong communicator
- Strong, competent negotiating skills.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener