ELECTRICAL SME required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston Texas USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- The Electrical SME engineering will be the Client representative at EPC Contractor location offices.
- His role will be to ensure the required quality level in accordance with Client requirements during Detailed engineering and Construction phases.
- Review and approve detailed engineering documents in Electrical
- Coordinate with other Client discipline representatives (Civil/Structural, Rotating Equipment, Pressure Vessels, Piping, Instrumentation …) to perform consistency checks of EPC Contractor's deliverables (technical documentation) and follow the design progress.
- Interact on daily basis with EPC contractor Electrical discipline leader(s)
- Report to the Client Electrical leader in close co-operation with Client Engineering Manager.
- Define and adapt project strategy with IEC project management
- Ensure interface between Client and the IEC and taken in account contractual issues with IEC (schedule…)
- Ensure an efficient communication between front office and 2 back offices (SMEs located at Lyon)
- Ease the knowledge transfer to the IEC team, especially on process matters.
- Identify difficulties early and speed up decisions.
- Provide quick answers to IEC questions.
- Validate design or detailed principles before drafting in order to limit the risks of reworks.
- Validate some of the IEC deliverables and coordinate the validation of other deliverables by Client home office team.
- Participate to project reviews organized in IEC office, for example PID reviews and not critical Hazop reviews, with the support of other Client engineering specialist as required.
- Check procurement procedures, bidder lists, short lists, and supplier selection, as well as participate to critical clarification and negotiations with suppliers.
- Perform the permitting tasks under Owner responsibilities.
- Ensure supervision of critical packages beyond inspection and expediting provided by IEC.
- Ensure technical support on field construction activities from KOM, FAT, SAT, precom com, until start up
All along EPC phase activities
- Participate to engineering coordination & planning meetings
- Ensure that multi discipline interface coordination is effective
- Regular Reporting and close co-operation with engineering team
- DT Electrical project leaders will keep the global responsibility electrical activities, he will be the proximity representative in order to face day to day technical exchanges and inform or alert the DT project leaders of main decisions or changes to be considered.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of fifteen (10) years of experience in project engineering, Engineering competencies (Engineering companies or engineering position in a Worldwide Process company) from design stage to end of construction and ideally start up experience.
- Minimum skills in electricity regarding MCC, LV & MV power distribution, lighting, lightning, earthing; to exchange with specialists on both sides (Engineering company and Client)
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Motivated / self-starter
- Innovative / creative / resourceful
- Ability to challenge and influence decision making to peers, contractors, and senior management.
- Leadership to manage complex projects
- Decision making
- Strong details-orientation.
- Results oriented
- Capacity to anticipate project issues
- Ability to effectively navigate and work within in a global and culturally diverse environment, including experience with European vendors is a must-have.
- Strong communicator
- Strong, competent negotiating skills.
- Diplomat/persuasive/good listener