ELECTRICAL ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in San Diego, USA.
Industry Sector: Oil &Gas
- Manage the design aspects associated with large scale energy infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for the development of conceptual designs for low and medium voltage generation and distribution systems, preparation of technical specifications, coordination of detail design with contractors and design consultants, review of detail design documents, and ensuring compliance with codes, standards, and applicable design criteria.
- Resolve electrical and or control system design, installation, and interface issues that arise at the project site during construction, and assist in the proposal, startup and commissioning of the projects.
- Perform quality assurance reviews and inspection of electrical designs, equipment and installations to ensure compliance with applicable acceptance criteria, codes, and standards.
- Responsibilities include travel to manufacturing facilities to inspect assembly of electrical equipment and attend factory testing.
- Also includes travel to project job sites to oversee installation of electrical materials, equipment and systems.
- Coordinate electrical design development with equipment suppliers, construction contractors, and consultants.
- Responsibilities include reviewing electrical design documents and technical specifications and providing responses to same.
- Develop technical specifications for procurement of electrical equipment and installation services.
- Prepare technical and commercial bid evaluations for proposals received.
- Prepare construction plans, schedules and procedures for electrical installations.
- Develop conceptual designs and provide cost input for electrical generation and distribution systems to support the development of projects and commercial proposals for sale of electrical generation
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Control or related discipline.
- 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering
- Up to 20% of time for travel
- Knowledge of IEEE Standards and National Electrical Code required
- Must be team orientated and be able to work effectively in diverse work groups
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical and non-technical information and concepts with customers and various levels of management in both formal and informal settings.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and database analysis tools.
- Licensed as a professional engineer in the state of California or equivalent professional certification. Preferred