ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST (CONTRACTOR) required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in London, UK.
Industry: Oil & Gas
Duration: 12 months renewable contract.
- The candidate will support the Algeria & Ghana oil field production teams through identifying, developing and implementing appropriate database entry, analysis and reporting solutions that will facilitate efficiency and accuracy of current business practices.
- Support engineering and geoscience staff by combining data to develop, update and monitor multiple engineering databases
- Provide data management, analytics and quality control to support engineering staff
- Manages and maintain databases that support engineering tools
- Assist with reserve reporting process
- Analyse and interpret data in the corporate reserve database, identifying data quality issues and recommending solutions as appropriate
- Analyse and interpret data trends, presenting results to management
- Update various information systems and assists with data requests
- Proactively seek to improve systems, data management, data reliability, process, and team functionality
- Develop database and analytics solutions to support the business by automating and streamlining current practices
- Act as liaison between the Subsurface team and the Technology and IT teams
- Use industry resources to gather company or competitor well data
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Database or engineering technologist experience is required
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications
- Good interpersonal communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Experience developing data solutions using multiple database technologies, including relational (Oracle and SQL Server)
- Expert knowledge of database queries, SQL statements, Excel Power Query, VBA/macros
- Experience developing reporting and visualization solutions in multiple tools - Spotfire, PowerBI and Denodo would be an advantage
- Experience in upstream Oil and Gas related business areas is strongly desired