TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Beaumont, Texas, USA.
Industry Sector: Oil &Gas
- The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the timely and on budget execution of the projects assigned.
- Planning and controlling, coaching & directing project team members, third party contractors and teams.
- Will also be responsible for organising the optimal structure to deliver the project on time and on budget ensuring that the project will be integrated and where missing new processes developed into the today operation.
- Manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term project planning, and contribute to the overall project strategy to manage Process Safety risks and implement Process Safety processes.
- Provide project implementation leadership to manage implementation of dedicated projects within the RRR program on time and on budget, maintaining compliance with US OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) and zero incident policy with all parties involved.
- Be a Champion of change to lead the Technical Engineering team and facility personnel to support every aspect of the project.
- Manage Baker Risk, PHA, FM Global, Quality, Reliability, Incident and Audit action items as result of the implementing projects.
- Implement and maintain RAGAGEP as part of the engineering design for the site.
- Manage Capital project bidding, approvals and contractors to help expedite the capital spend, and forecast spend to utilise funds optimally and to stay within the budget.
- Manage the MOC process to ensure Process Safety Information data is captured (Design basis, P&ID's, PFD's, RV calculations, interlocks, cause and effect, PLC Logic, Electrical one liners, Loop drawings, DCS logic, data historian, system backups and its security, etc.) Ensure all new equipment and projects populate the database and are properly backed up.
- Provide PM- preventive maintenance and BOM- bill of material information to upload into SAP PM on all new equipment installation.
- Lead significant incident investigations to eliminate root causes and drive efficiency as part of start-up and commissioning.
- Partner with the Management and Extended team to develop quality improvement projects to assure a quality product is delivered.
- Be a real team player within the Global Engineering team in working together improving the technical expertise and shared experience.
- Drive efficiency projects to reduce consumption and improve manpower utilisation.
- Support Unit operations with engineering support and oversight.
- Develop an Engineering discipline program to monitor key performance indicators for unit optimisation.
- Provide Technical training on new Technology and Process Technology to ensure Safe Operations and Efficiency.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of business.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 10 years' experience which includes 5 years' experience leading a multi-disciplined engineering teams
- Team player with strong relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Champion of change
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute program strategies.
- Established project management skills.