CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEER / COMMISSIONING PROCEDURE WRITER required by our Client, an Oil and Gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 24 months on-going
Reporting to Commissioning Lead Engineer
- Responsible to write commissioning procedures linked to commissioning activities related to loop and functional testing
- Responsible for checking and commenting of pre-commissioning procedures
- Plan and schedule test and check details
- Ensures that commissioning works are performed to meet Project schedules and that works are planned over safely and in a timely manner.
- Develops the comprehensive detailed loop checking process for execution phase including resource needs together with commissioning lead engineer
- Develops the comprehensive detailed operational test process for execution phase including resource needs together with commissioning lead engineer
- Writes test methods and procedures
- Defines needed tools in operational tests
- Plans the schedule for execution phase
- Attends in internal/external Project commissioning review, schedule, planning and optimization meetings.
- Communicates frequently with PMT discipline engineers as well as contractor responsibility persons
Context and environment
The execution of the commissioning of the Ethane Cracker Plant is under the responsibility of the PMT.
The Commissioning of the Ethane Cracker Plant will be done in simultaneous operations within an interfaced environment.
- The commissioning procedure writer is accountable of commissioning procedures and check sheets timely preparation.
- Accountable of commissioning detail planning and scheduling implementation within planning tool and MC database (ICAPS) tool.
- Accountable of commissioning tasks safe planning (HSE) on the field.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Ctrl & automation or in Instrumentation engineering
- Over 10 years' experience of ctrl & autom. or instrumentation commissioning activities. Cracker experience is a benefit.
- Proven configuration, troubleshooting and instrumentation testing skills
- Proven experience in areas of Safety Instrumented Function, Safety Integrity Level, Safety Instrumented System, Safety Requirements Specification
- Proven experience in procedure writing
- OPERCOM methodology experience is preferred
- Pro-active and self-driven personality, hands on and computer literate.
- Capability of building and retaining strong working relationships at all levels.
- Proven skills for coordination and interface conduction, communication, work organization and team work
- Fluent English (spoken and written)