SHUTDOWN COORDINATOR required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Algeria
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- The Shutdown Coordinator is responsible for the development of fully integrated shutdown plans, both for long-term planning and preparation, and efficient execution.
- The role is responsible for preparing, reviewing and updating spares', consumables', and materials' requirements for all static and rotating equipment.
- Duties also include managing external service providers throughout planned shutdowns to ensure safe and effective working.
- To develop and recommend the overall shutdown strategy and coordinate the preparation of the shutdown schedule both for long-term planning and preparation, and efficient execution.
- To work closely with other departments in the development of shutdown preparation, including Maintenance, Logistics, Purchasing, Materials, Operations, and Contracts, as key stakeholders for successful execution.
- To assist in the identification of required spare parts, consumables, and material required for successful execution of shutdowns and interventions, including the management of internal Materials Tracking and ensuring that all requisite spare parts and materials are identified in a timeframe suitable for the delivery of long-lead items prior to shutdown execution.
- To liaise with, direct, monitor and chair regular department and inter-departmental meetings with all stakeholders to ensure focus on shutdown goals, recording and distributing meeting minutes in the form of an action log.
- To identify internal and contractor manpower resourcing requirements for shutdown execution.
- To administer shutdown-related contracts and/or coordinate with other external contract holders to execute the shutdown.
- To direct and monitor shutdown-related departmental plans and schedules.
- To ensure that shutdown plans are suitably integrated to minimize the shutdown duration, while focusing on safe execution of work.
- To ensure that all activity Work Packs are developed, reviewed and approved in accordance with internal guidelines.
- To coordinate and drive the mobilization and availability of all shutdown-related labor (including contractor personnel), plant, equipment and logistics resources to deliver shutdown on-time and to budget.
- Mentor national staff to develop leadership skills and experience within shutdown planning and execution activities.
- To provide Close-Out Reports of shutdown execution, including any Lessons Learned for future performance improvement.
- To coordinate with HSE, Maintenance and Operations departments to ensure that Permit to Work (PTW), Lock-Out Tag-Out (LOTO), and Isolation procedures are being adhered to and applied.
- To interface with the Maintenance and Operations departments and ensure that the agreed shutdown execution plan is completed within time and budget.
- To ensure that shutdown execution progress is reported daily and drive any actions required to recover the plan back in the event of emergent work, or slippage in the schedule.
- To modify and adapt to plan changes as they occur during execution with unanticipated equipment condition or supply issues, performance issues with personnel and changes needed to program.
- To conduct Lessons Learned meetings with other departments and approved contractors after completion of the shutdown and ensure that the Lessons Learned are applied in preparation for future shutdowns.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.