HYDRAULIC ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- The Hydraulic Engineer provides hydraulic and pneumatic systems design services for all fluid power machinery found within the clients' Single Point Mooring systems.
- Design and implement automatic lubrication systems, hydraulic power units and other specialized hydraulic and pneumatic technology and components used throughout the industry.
- Develops the clients' hydraulic equipment specifications to ensure all client requirements are addressed.
- Contributes technical advice on all fluid power systems in use by the organisation.
- Design, development and support of fluid power systems, components or subassemblies from concept to project delivery.
- Collaborates with vendors primarily on technical issues related to equipment requiring fluid power.
- Supports Lead Engineer(s) and Project Engineering Manager(s) with commercial issues.
- Develops reports, correspondence, procedures and specifications.
- Some calculations are required.
- Assists with project cost estimates on an as-needed basis.
- Develop product/component test plans along with participation or supervision of testing.
- This may be done either singularly or in collaboration with various technical stakeholders.
- Assist in development of product/component quality plans with staff quality engineers.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- High school (or equivalent GED) or technical school graduate with Associate Degree in Drafting/Design preferred.
- experience required with Associate's (or higher) degree.
- Otherwise, at least two years in a CAD drafting environment with experience with Auto CAD.
- Solidworks experience is a plus.