PROJECT MANAGER FLNG required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Canada.
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- The Project Manager will lead development, execution and implementation of the Floating Liquefaction Facility Project from feasibility through to COD.
- Ensure HSE is the number one priority throughout the Project Cycle. Implement Client policies leading to a Zero Harm project
- Lead strategy development for facility design and implementation to ensure the lowest $/tpa out-turn costs consistent with achieving project financing
- Lead Project through the phases of project development:
FEED Phase 1
FEED Phase 2
Commissioning and Start-up
- Lead the Project Management Team
- Co-Lead the process for EPC Contractor selection and contract award
- Co-Manage EPC Contractor and other Engineering Contractors/Consultants through project life cycle
- Interface with Project Manager, LNG Operations Director, Hull, Project Manager Onshore LNG Facility, Project Manager Pipeline, and other Project Managers to ensure seamless design and execution across battery limits
- Interface with International and National Regulators, Class and Accredited Verification Organizations to establish regulatory execution plan and ensure it is implemented within the project development
- Liaise/interface with various Stakeholders to assist in achieving corporate goals
- Leveraging personal networks to seek opportunities to introduce new Investors, Project Partners, Contractors and Clients.
- Competencies and Skills:
- Track record leading all phases of LNG Facilities development from front end, through execution, commissioning and start-up.
- Experience with FPSO or Floating LNG projects
- Track record of excellence in team building and leadership, but also an ability to work in small highly experienced teams
- Proven ability to integrate the functional contributors to development and delivery of a major project, e.g. Engineering, HSE, Operations and Maintenance, Contracting & Procurement, Finance, Construction etc.
- Be well practiced in working with Risk Based engineering processes
- Proven ability to lead development of contracting, project development and project execution strategies
- Proven ability to build relationships with and manage contractors at the different stages on opportunity/project development and to work within the different forms of contract in each stage
- Ability to work in a culturally sensitive space is a pre-requisite as is the ability to interface constructively with various regulatory bodies, stakeholder groups and partners including First Nations partners and communities
- Well-rounded presentation skills and comfortable with media exposure and interviews
- Exceptional English communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Professional Engineering Accreditation (i.e. Peng, CEng etc.)
- Minimum ten years of Project Management experience in the offshore oil and gas industry leading large (>$1B) scale projects. Preference for LNG, FLNG and FPSO experience