Standards and Compliance Manager required by our client to be assigned on a Permanent/Direct] basis, located in USA Texas, Houston.
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
The Standards and Compliance Manager (SCM) is an industry leading role, responsible for overseeing the standards development and compliance within PIDX. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, committed to professional growth and have exceptional organizational skills, including an ability to develop relationships within the level and strong client service skills with an ability to develop relationships within the community and the wider oil & gas industry. There may be occasional business travels within and outside he US, as needed, requiring possession of a valid passport.
- The position requires an understanding of the key aspects of a non-profit volunteer-based standard setting organization.
- The candidate will have a wide experience in oil and gas and electronic commerce, a broad understanding of commercial business and transactional processes impacting the buyers and sellers in the oil and gas industry, as well as the drive and volition to see PIDX continue to develop as the eCommerce standards body of choice for the oil and gas industry.
- Provide leadership under the PIDX standards development process by collaborating with members, volunteers, and other PIDX Committees.
- Maintain PIDX's compliance with bylaws and standards development procedures as well as all legal regulations, an dwork with legal counsel in ensuring compliance with PIDX requirements.
- Assist Committee Chairs with compliance requirements, including taking minutes of committee meetings and sending notices and agendas for upcoming minutes.
- Oversee and implements PIDX's overall compliance program with regards to anti-trust, tax exemption and standard development rules and PIDX's own policies regarding same.
- Assist in compliance matters relating to PIDX Board of Directors, including annual statements and reports by directors.
- Organize and maintain the standards library and oversee updates in accordance with PIDX procedures for standards development.
- Organize and maintain the portion of the PIDX website that displays progress and status of ongoing standards development activities.
- Pro-activly develop process and best practices to promote compliance by PIDX Members, Committee Chairs and Executive Committee and serve as a spokesperson to promote adherence to compliance requirements within the organization and its membership.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with industry related groups, organizations, and governmental agencies.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals to a range of audiences from industry groups, governmental agencies and any other appropriate audience.
- Represent the organization to the global industry, governmental agencies, and related organizations from a standard-setting perspective.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in t electronic commerce field and support the organization's processes to develop a long-range strategy and measure progress.
- Lead strategic planning activities and provide strong leadership with the ability to mobelize and align people and resources to respond to opportunityies in a timely manner.
- Comprehend and communicate the PIDX mission and continuously work to promote PIDX and achieve its goals.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a general management role with a major global oil and gas operator or supplier.
- Some level of management experience working and directing a small team.
- Experience in maintaining effective control systems to manage standard setting activities and ensure the protection of intellectual property assets.
- A proactive approach to project management.
- Strong organizational, team building, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing demands.
- Commitment to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, writing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in office productivity software.