PROCESS ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Baltimore, Maryland
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil and Gas
- The Process Engineering, intermediate level candidate, will support various team members and client during all aspects of the projects.
- Responsibilities will involve using standard process design and process simulation tools for facilities modifications, additions, etc. and to technically determine solutions in sufficient detail to determine cost, verify operability, HSSE compliance and provide equipment and material specifications to the other engineering disciplines.
- Candidates must be self-driven, demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure in order to meet project deadlines is essential.
- Interface with the client to develop a project scope including working at site to gather relevant information.
- Provide process design support for a variety of EPC projects.
- Performing process computer simulations including heat & mass balance calculations, preparation of process flow diagrams and P&ID's to establish fluid flow circuits and required process controls, scope definition and front-end studies.
- Performing various process design calculations including line sizing, hydraulics, equipment sizing, PSV sizing & flare system hydraulics.
- Provide input to instrumentation and control data sheets, line designations tables, material selections, equipment list for cost estimation, plot plan process inputs, plant classification, hazardous area classifications, constructability reviews, maintainability & operability reviews.
- Ensure that acceptable HSSE standards are met during project execution.
- Coordinates the process work plan within overall sequence of engineering execution.
- Communicate process information including equipment and material specifications to mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, civil/structural and piping departments for detailed design.
- Continually monitors schedule and looks for opportunities to improve schedule.
- Ensures that deliverables from other disciplines have been received prior to starting work that requires those deliverables.
- Ensures commitment of the project to safety in design.
- Monitors process “recycle” on project and promptly takes corrective action to eliminate internally caused recycle.
- Ensures that all design documents and deliverables produced by process are:
- Meeting all governing codes, standards, regulations, procedures and practices; subject to quality assurance before release to other disciplines; and reviewed by other disciplines affected by process deliverables.
- Ensures that process correctly reviews and comments on other discipline design documents and deliverables, which affect quality and timeliness of process work.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Chemical engineering degree (B.Eng.) from a recognized university.
- 5-10 years process design experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- EPC company experience required.
- Operating and /or site experience is preferred.
- Skilled in computer process simulations, process conceptual design, detailed engineering.
- Skilled with standard computer process simulation tool set (HySys, Pro II, Aspen Plus, HTRI) including Excel and Word.
- Solid working knowledge of codes, standards and practices including ASME, API, ANSI, NFPA, NACE and ASTM.
- HAZOP facilitation experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.