TURNAROUND SCHEDULER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Trinidad.
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- The Turnaround Scheduler has the responsibility to develop the Detail integrated Schedule for Turnaround work execution preferably using Primavera. He / she has a clear overview of all scope of work to be executed during T/A and bring the work into the schedule to maximize time and resources for execution. Interacts with work preparation team and Operations/Maintenance Coordinators, and is fully aware of the work execution constraints; available work centre capacities; campaign periods and highlighting upcoming constraints in time to mitigate them.
- Interfaces with all functions involved in the T/A process to ensure scheduling is in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards. Responsible to report progress during execution daily
- Scope of role includes all disciplines and all department involved in T/A preparation and execution including IAP, maintenance, project, operation, suppliers, contractors and manufacturers.
- There is no "typical Turnaround schedule" and the number of activities in a Schedule can vary on a large scale. To illustrate the dimension of the job, a typical Large Turnaround would include up to 250 works items, and a single work item would include from 5 to 15 steps.
- HSSE: To act always in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety and Environment and schedule all turnaround activities accordingly.
- Quality: is the Q-Captain for integrated schedule. Provide leadership to the Flawless Turnaround Initiative for the Integrated Planning-KSA.
- This means creating a flawless mindset within the Integrated Planning-KSA.
- During Turnaround Preparation
- To fully understand and apply the Schedule premise define by T/A Event manager
- To collect and Assemble all work scope in an integrated manner referring to the Flawless principles (By operational systems and according the 8 steps of the T/A)
- To ensure all work plan include resource duration and execution estimate and that all estimate is consistent; this include the ability to check the conformance of the estimate with the standard norms applicable (recommended to follow the global ALNG standard norms)
- Initiate Job list from multiple disciplines via Microsoft Office, GSAP and etc. Assemble the
- To Create WBS Structure in Primavera (using Impress to transfer data from SAP when available)
- To identify critical and near critical paths and confirm with T/A coordinator and TA Event manager the minimal / optimal Turnaround duration
- To organize with TA coordinator and other stakeholder the optimisation of the schedule using the Fat rat methodology. All the scope will be screen and optimized
- To participate in constructability reviews for project scope for what the Scope to be executed during T/A is concerned
- Develop what if scenario schedules and select with T/A coordinator the scenario to be included in the baselines schedule
- To establish the schedule baseline for monitoring execution progress, productivity
- During Execution Phase Monitor & report Integrated Planning -KSA progress against the plan, develop corrective actions if the target KPIs not achieved. This includes:
- Daily group discussion on Longest Path, Critical activities and near critical activities.
- Alignment with Contractor's Coordinator and scheduler. To ensure the contractor responsible on the integrated schedule.
- Update Critical Schedule
- Analyse updated schedule and communicate the status with TA Manager/Coordinator
- Report Progress of TA. Responsible for reporting activity status on daily basis and actual progresses made on the job identifying any specific progress concerns.
- Coordinate with TA Supervisors for daily progress feedback; present daily report back to TA Team on progress
- Review the emergent work schedule
- Post Turnaround: update the maintenance plan and the task list
- Key Challenges To fully understand and apply the Schedule premise define by T/A Event manager
- To interface with all Scope requester and get information in a timely manner
- To challenge all work plan to ensure the schedule is optimised to the shortest critical path
- To coordinate with cost controller to provide duration input into the cost estimate
- To interface with Contractor's coordinator daily during the execution phase and provide updated schedule whenever there is a significant change in the base line schedule
- To identify all what if scenario that need to be include in the base line schedule as contingencies plan
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Maintenance backgrounds, with a minimum of (3) years oil & gas experience; has proven records on maintenance scheduling with a good understanding of TA management process and skill competency in Primavera scheduling tool and practices.