SENIOR PLANNER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Mongolia.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Supervise Planning team members
Project Controls Team
Functional Project Controls Team
Package Budget Owners
Project Controls Manager
- Interface with Project Management Team
- Responsible to provide leadership, direction and technical guidance within the project planning team.
- During the project set-up phase is responsible for the successful transition of the Tender schedule to a compliant Project Execution Schedule.
- Will provide guidance and support to the planners mobilised to the projects, ensuring a smooth transition and consistent application of best practices.
- Provide support as required to project management to ensure adequate planning coverage is maintained over the life of the projects
- Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities.
- Leads by example in supporting the incident injury free work environment with visible compliance and participation.
- Ability to lead the Planning Group across all facets of a projects lifecycle from engineering, procurement, subcontracts, fabrication, construction, pre-commissioning and through to closeout.
- Responsible for managing workload and allocating work packages to team members
- During the project set-up phase is responsible to lead the effort to validate scope requirements and define the
- Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) with the Project Team by utilising client Scope documents / Engineering & Construction provided data and working within the internal functional groups to ensure compliance.
- Providing a focal point within the Planning team for scope owners / package engineers on specific status updates
- Oversee and monitor schedule structure parameters for submissions by ensuring conformance with both Client and internal guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship within the Internal Project Controls groups by maintaining a knowledge base of required interface coding and reporting between the various Project Controls tools -P6, Prism & Envision.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and approving of comprehensive Basis of Schedule documents outlining schedule assumptions, construction sequencing, calendars, weather, resources, equipment and Critical Path information.
- Responsible to work with all project management stakeholders with focus on Engineering, Procurement and Construction to understand their specific requirements to support their functional services delivery.
- Lead the development and execution of Project schedule reviews with peers, internal stakeholders and management.
- Facilitate proactive engagement with other project controls functions and team leaders to streamline work processes. Prism, cost, envision.
- Assist in Development and oversee implementation of the Global Project Controls processes, procedures and best practices for scheduling.
- Provide administration of the Company planning tools (Primavera P6), inclusive of the Data Base user access and permissions, ensuring it is maintained and ready for project delivery.
- Assist in development of the project Construction Work Packages (CWP) and Field Installation Work Packages.
- Responsible for coordinating planning forecast meetings, driving interface of package owners in the forecast process to validate the integrity of the forecast, understand the key drivers for change and identify risk and opportunities.
- Responsible to drive the change management process within the planning group;
Identifying the cause of the change
scheduling / mitigating where appropriate
documenting / communicating any change impact to schedule
- Responsible for the delivery of planning input to project daily, weekly and monthly reports as required. Including, but not limited to;
schedule performance and variance
progress and productivity
Critical path Analysis
manning / manpower
- Understanding of agreed scope, estimate, commercial framework and reporting obligations against the head contract.
- Responsible for the project planning team including performance management of direct reports.
- Promote and support the professional development and growth of subordinates by identifying skill sets and
- competencies of planning and scheduling personnel and provide professional development.
- Highly knowledgeable of the significance of project controls and the role the function plays in providing
- performance visibility to the Project Manager and the Project Management Team.
- Highly knowledgeable of all project lifecycle phases which drive work efforts and pressures.
- Highly knowledgeable of the unique challenges encountered whilst working in a project dynamic environment, awareness of how project scope and execution delivery can evolve and impact performance delivery.
- Highly knowledgeable of project reporting demands. Projects commitment to regular progress updates to report performance against the agreed baseline (scope, cost, hours, quantities, schedule).
- Reporting is a standard contractual obligation and the importance of timely & accurate progress reporting supported through robust performance controls and clear accountabilities cannot be under estimated. Strategic messaging is key when reporting performance status.
- Highly knowledgeable of different commercial frameworks (ie lump sum, unit rates, reimbursable, day rates) and recognising how you may need to refocus your performance controls and drive others differently, to support your project commercial framework.
- Highly knowledgeable of timely & effective communication, why reliable data is import and how to manage the frequency and volume of change.
- Highly knowledgeable of coordinating & managing project control team members, applying soft skills and fostering relationships.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Education
- A degree or higher qualification in engineering or project management preferred but not essential.
- +10-12 years 'experience in project controls, with 1-3 years 'Lead experience.
- Experience within project execution environment with multi discipline exposure
- Site and Home Office experience essential.
- Experience in Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure, Marine preferred.
- Expert User of Primavera P6 and
- Advanced skills in the MS office suite of applications and data management
- An expert on physical progress and earned value measurement
- Experienced operator of Primavera scheduling software tool essential with schedule risk analysis preferred but not essential
- Experience managing team members essential.
- Advanced competencies in MS excel, word, power point.