LEAD COST ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Mongolia.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- Through the guidance and oversight of the Principle Cost Engineer, this role is required to work unsupervised and is primarily responsible for the governance, management and best practice, project compliance and consistent application, system upgrades, system maps and workflow interface, reporting and training delivery of the Cost
- Management Tool Prism across all projects from set-up, execution and close out phases.
- Applied through lead cost engineering technical expertise, ensuring the system capabilities can support the project cost team delivery of timely monitoring, controlling, analysing and reporting of project cost, manhour, quantity & progress performance, which directly contribute towards proactively influencing cost and time outcomes on the project and in the business.
- Responsible to ensure the project controls team are trained during the set-up phase, provide ongoing system support and provide regular training sessions to support a continual learning environment.
- Responsible to work with functional stakeholders to understand their specific information requirements support their functional services delivery.
- Assist in the development of the project controls plan and other specific procedures related to system controls, capabilities, reporting and interfaces.
- Required to understand the different scopes, pricing schedules, commercial frameworks, execution strategies and reporting obligations against the individual project head contracts to ensure Prism capabilities can support the project expectations.
- Responsible to support the projects in the delivery of quality, accurate, consistent cost & progress monitoring & controls, structure and reporting through the Prism tool.
- Responsible to drive the integrated project controls model through robust reliable data sharing and systems awareness between Cost & Progress (Prism), Planning (Primavera) and Construction Management Tool (Envision) which complement each other, not compete against each other.
- Assist the project control delivery teams through collaborative, inclusive, communicative, organised, proactive and on-time system support services.
- Functional Division
- Compliance to CMS with specific focus to Project Controls Operations Standard and associated procedures.
- Compliance to Project Procedures with specific focus to Project Controls Plan and associated procedures.
- Provide feedback when identifying opportunities to improve skill pool practices and processes.
- Provide leadership is creating the culture of community inclusiveness between project and division.
- Provide leadership in reinforcing project controls services through knowledge sharing and education to the project management teams.
- Provide leadership in driving mandatory behaviours, managing expectations and integrated project controls model.
- Lead by example in demonstrating proactiveness around priorities, deliverables, feedback, actions, services.
- Work with Division Skill Pool to drive cost engineering expectations and competencies on the projects.
- Business Division
- Reinforcing the significance of project controls 'role in providing robust and visible performance controls to support the project management team delivery, aligned to business unit objectives.
- Behavioural & Leadership Requirements
- Be the centralised focal point for all things Prism.
- Develop, implement and maintain minimum Prism expectations through procedures, processes and workflows for cost, hours, quantities, change and progress reporting best practice.
- Develop best practice, administer and monitor project CMS governance and compliance relative to Prism.
- Monitor and provide oversight of the system, ensure consistent reporting structure and application, and look at ways to improve performance controls visibility.
- Provide system advice and guidance to the division and project controls teams.
- Develop standardised reporting frameworks and WBS/CBS aligned to project type delivery.
- Provide system advice and monitoring controls on multi-currency forecasting.
- Design and deliver centralised training specific to the project control users.
- Develop knowledge sharing workshops specific for functional managers.
- Develop system map, workflows and work instruction, roadmap other system interfaces.
- Develop strong interfaces between project controls disciplines through system capabilities and knowledge sharing.
- Develop strong liaison with functional stakeholders who interface with the Prism tool and systems through capabilities benefits and knowledge sharing.
- Provide project leave relief where required.
- Provide tender input on Prism system controls and delivery.
- Work with IT services on Prism IT requirements, monitor licenses and manage upgrades.
- Project Specifics
- During the project set-up phase is responsible for the set-up and roll out of Prism; works with the project controls team to ensure set-up tracking & monitoring metrics are aligned to contractual and reporting and control requirements.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- +10-12 years' experience in project controls, with +1-3 years' lead experience preferred Extensive experience within project execution environment, multi-currency implications and multi commercial models essential.
- Site and Home Office experience essential.
- Experience in Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure, Power, Marine preferred.
- Strong experience in system management with project control cost & progress management tools preferred.
- Training experience and managing team members an advantage.
- Advanced competencies in MS excel, word, power point.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, proactive, experienced working unsupervised and able to prioritise service needs, demonstrative effective relationship management, strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills.