PLANNER - Part of the Job applicable to Turnaround preparation & execution
Reports to: Functional report to Turnaround leader (T/A Manager or T/A Area Lead)
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- Work Preparer has the responsibility, accountability and authority to assemble executable work packages. The incumbent will track and monitor work orders generated from Preventive Maintenance (PM) programme or from Corrective Maintenance (CM) requests raised in CMMS (Maximo).
- The tasks include finalizing the scope of work, prepare work instructions and acquire Discipline support, services, material and logistic for effective completion of works.
- Monitors delivery dates and notifies Scheduler and Maintenance Execution team of readiness of work packs for scheduling/execution.
- He/she will maintain a clear overview of the date constraints continually to ensure work packs are ready for schedule.
- In the case of safety critical work orders, deviations will be raised if delay is expected.
- The incumbent interfaces with operations for work prioritization; with scheduler on parts delivery and execution readiness; integrated asset planning for bundling of activities and Discipline support.
- Work packs shall be done in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards to sustain and restore the asset's Technical Integrity and Reliability / Availability."
- Prepare the detailed execution plan for work packages within the T/A scope of work for his assigned area of responsibility. Work packages must include labour estimates, craft sequences, material estimates, tools and equipment required, all drawings, procedures and bills of material and appropriate charge numbers.
- To ensure that we have an effective and efficient manner to execute the turnaround work.
- To ensuring all material and service are organized and on site.
- To establish plans for logistics, material management, facility siting, HSE, training, etc.
- To identify the resources that will be needed to perform the work in the turnaround window.
- To provide input into the cost estimate.
- To identify job related risks, boundaries and constraints.
- To act at all times in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety and Environment and prepare for maintenance activities accordingly.
- Ensure all HSSE requirements are considered in the work preparation process, including job hazard identification and assessment.
- Track and monitor approved work orders generated from CMMS (Maximo). Review or assemble work packs for effective execution and to the required quality for the asset team and other functions to maintaining /restoring Integrity and Reliability / Availability. Identify variances in original work scope and secure appropriate authorization.
- Coordinates activities associated with third party contractors and services and procures parts necessary for repairs or overhauls.
- Monitors delivery dates and notifies Scheduler and Maintenance Execution team of planned and actual delivery dates.
- Liaise with Operation and relevant Technical Authorities in line with Global requirement on Deviation Management for safety critical work order if delay is expected. Monitor safety critical related maintenance activities for deviations from plan.
- The work preparer is responsible to interface with operations, maintenance and engineering to acquire the information necessary to prepare a work package that will efficiently detail the work scope.
- Compile TA Job list from his discipline.
- Challenge and Clarify all work request following Turnaround scope challenge process to confirm scope is Turnaround's
- Produce job specification work pack and validate.
- Estimate major job durations and resource levels.
- Coordination Project activities and monitor actual progress versus plan.
- Define major or critical jobs.
- Produce Method of Statement for critical activities.
- Produce Lifting Plan of heavy lift activities.
- Produce JHA (Job Hazards Analysis).
- Base from the approved scope, start planning and prepare work pack
- Monitor and coordinate on contractor preparation for the Turnaround.
- Review work pack prepared by contractors and manufacturers
- Fast tracks” the planning function for discovery work
- Field coordination and monitoring of progress
- Archive plans and work packages
- Participate in close-out and look back
- Ensure All tasks are planned to ensure
- Correct manpower, material & equipment
- Coordination of sequential activities
- Effective interface with other tasks
- Work with Purchasing to acquire and manage all maintenance materials and services required for the T/A.
- Work with the Turnaround Management Team to develop the appropriate Contractor Strategy for the turnaround.
- Include all Quality requirement in the details plan with identification of tests, hold point and control points
- Identify and refer to the maintenance procedures and practices (e.g. blinding procedure, permit procedure, vessel entry procedure, etc.).
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong maintenance backgrounds, with a minimum of (3) years oil & gas experience; has proven records on maintenance execution.
- The Turnaround Work Preparer shall have good understanding of various technical disciplines with proficiency in Spare procurement process and SAP maintenance management system.