PROJECT MANAGER required by our Client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- Planning, scheduling and execution of secured jobs primarily for the instrumentation and monitoring of construction activities on single or multiple jobs. Ensures contractual compliance on scope of work while managing the financial success of the project while simultaneously developing a positive relationship with the client
- Development, Review, and update means and methods of installation procedures
- Oversees scheduling, projects and forecast needed resources/evaluate progress.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stock to timely handle inadequacies.
- Manage subcontractors/laborers.
- Risks and how to mitigate them.
- Works with Operations Manager to recruit and interview potential candidates for employments based on job workload.
- Helps to develop the abilities of company employees through on the job training and training recommendations to Operations Manager
- Develop budget at start of project based on Bid Documents/assumptions
- Cash Flow/Billings/Change Orders
- Re-budget based on job progress, actual expenses/conditions encountered
- Identify opportunities of Change Orders, Additional Opportunities/Risks
- Project Management Software
- Advanced understanding of Geotechnical Instrumentation
- Advanced understanding of relational database or data acquisition
- Advanced understanding of Quality Control Methods.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. in Civil/Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- 5 years' experience preferred
- Advanced competence in risk management
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods
- Maintaining industry awareness of discoveries/new techniques.
- Advanced communication skills