WELL CONTROL ENGINEER required by our Client, and Oil and gas Contractor, to be assigned on a Contract basis located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 12 months ongoing
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- Under broad direction supervises assigned staff and is also responsible for performing calculations and making assessments on well control problems both onsite and from the office.
- Works on special international and domestic projects that involve well control and prevention activities.
- Assists with troubleshooting involving well control and prevention.
- Maintains appropriate reports and documentation of well site activities.
- Supports team members and ensures that deadlines are met.
- Provides technical support on location as required by the customer or Produce service line PSL Assignments require sufficient professional experience involving well control, prevention and well construction to assure competence as a fully trained professional.
- Responsible for company assets on location, ensures that adequate supplies and equipment are present at well site always and offers advice on equipment capabilities and specific servicing issues and recommends use of specialized tools, techniques and services.
- Ensures all maintenance procedures are complete, correct and recorded properly.
- Keeps stakeholders informed of significant problems and therefore must possess good communication skills.
- Complies with safety regulations and has full understanding of HSE management systems and emergency response planning.
- Exploits expertise and experience in hydrocarbon exploration/development and production.
- Pursues innovate approaches and understands how domain data has been acquired and use cross discipline work flows to implement best practices approaches. Is able to set project objectives and priorities as well as set milestones.
- Continue to develop project management skill and is capable of leading small project teams.
- Capable of actively participating in the team with members who have various levels of competence in the relevant technical domains.
- Provides onsite consulting and monitoring of customer job requirements and conditions.
- Must understand all job site functions and coordinate with appropriate departments.
- Viewed as a role model for all subordinates as well as customer and general public. Must act accordingly.
- Confers with customer representative as needed to ensure that company interests are protected and that project completion goals are met. Provides coaching and input on job performance levels of crew.
- Provides dispute resolution.
- Leads employee behaviour and role based competency by mentoring and developing to achieve excellence in service quality and HSE performance.
Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum engineering or related discipline and previous experience with E&P operator or equivalent consulting team and minimum of 10 years of experience in wellsite operations required.
- EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS