PROJECT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a Contract basis, initially located in Houston, Texas, USA, then transferring to the Netherlands
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- The Project Manager ensures that the complete Vessel conversion is delivered on time, within budget, in a safe manor and in accordance with the required quality standards and project specifications.
- Modifications, changes of, and additions to, current vessel in accordance with the specifications to accommodate the J-lay system and MJF facilities and its equipment, materials and systems.
- Report to the Project Director for all project issues.
- Manage, leads and will be overall responsible for the “Vessel” upgrade/conversion.
- Creating and managing the baseline budget (Managing changes to the budget, forecasting, controlling budget shifts).
- Creating and managing baseline schedule (resource allocation, re-scheduling, identifying/managing critical path, managing progress, forecasting).
- Project Execution: Providing input to the Project Execution Plan for the responsible and ensuring execution of the SOW in accordance with the Project Execution Plan and relevant Project Execution Procedures.
- In consultation with the PEM, CM and DE's, outlining project deliverables required to execute the SOW and which are to form part of the project Master Document Register.
- Managing the progress of the vendors and subcontractors
- Establishes maintains a close and productive relationship
- Initiate and leading timely progress meetings
- Manage/authorizing of changes through the MOC procedure
- Identify, communicate and resolve issues as they relate to and its execution
- Managing project team
- In conjunction with the PD staffing the project team
- Facilitate communication between Project Team members and other stakeholders
- Initiate and lead weekly project status meeting, identify actions and ensures close out of actions
- Responsible for overall team and team members performance (hiring/firing)
- Allocation of work within project team
- In conjunction with Project Director develops man power requirements for the scope of work
- Managing overall project execution
- Provide weekly progress reports and monthly project status reports
- Provide input to, and participate in, monthly project status report meetings with executive management
- Report and escalate any potential issues that could impact the project scope of work, budget, schedule and overall performance as a whole
- Liaises with Project Manager Mission Equipment and the Project Engineering Manager
- Identify, resolve and, where required, escalate issues between the “vessel” and “mission equipment” SOW.
- Ensure cross functional (team) communication and cooperation
- Agree, communicate and record on responsibilities of interfacing SOW and/or activities
- Responsible for managing changes in the scope of work through adhering to the MOC procedure
- Identifying and mitigating project of Risks and identifying and developing plans to materialize on project opportunities by maintaining a project “PROM”
- Identifying project KPI's and based on KPI's identifying areas of improvement