HSE MANAGER required by our client to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Nigeria.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- Responsible for all HSE Related activities on the construction site.
- Receives and analyse HSE reports from the field HSE Supervisors.
- Maintain an Integrated Management System audit programme for Health & Safety, environment to ensure that all sites are regularly audited through effective deployment of the trained auditors within the contract.
- Report on the performance of the HSE management system at Management review meetings, and use this as a forum for any improvements.
- Advise on matters relating to the Environment, Health and Safety at work including the obligations and responsibilities of managers and employees; and provide comprehensive and practical advice to managers on best practice.
- Undertake environmental health and safety planning, including the setting of goals, agreeing priorities, and establishing adequate systems for performance management.
- Assist in the delivery of comprehensive operational technical training to promote, develop and sustain a positive environmental, health and safety awareness culture throughout business operations.
- In conjunction with the Chief Operating Manager and the Project Managers, manage the overall HSE control activities on the workshops to guarantee full compliance of deliveries and coordinate the corrective actions if any.
- Provide appropriate accident investigation methodology to ensure personal management accountability and improve risk management, including monitoring and interpretation of statistical data and formulate into a monthly report,
- Management of client relationships and expectations relevant to the job role. Maintain formal and informal communications with clients, sub-contractors and partners. A positive pro-active approach must be made to the client as well as being supportive to their needs
- Compliance to all company/contract, documentation, audits and administration procedures are carried out to the Group standard,
- Legislative compliance, ensuring that all HSE aspects of the business are conducted in accordance with all relevant statutory requirements and Codes of Practice.
- Develops all HSE initiatives to be undertaken by the HSE Department.
- Responsible for the risk assessment process associated with the scope of work.
- Conduct gap analysis studies for HSE plans and procedures.
- Responsible for organizing HSE kick-off meetings prior to the start of contractual work execution.
- Actively participate in contractor kick-off meetings.
- Coordinate and monitor the effectiveness of site HSE management system.
- Update HSE Manager with HSE elements for the Subcontractor weekly coordination meetings.
- Organize HSE site tours, focused inspections and attendance at HSE site meetings.
- Conduct regular work place audits to identify hazards, unsafe workplace conditions and work practices.
- Coaches subcontractor HSE supervisors and makes them understand and comply with project HSE requirements.
- Make Weekly and monthly HSE reports to the head office. Report all unsafe situations and unsafe handling to the HSE Department on a daily basis and issue NCR (Non-Conformance Report) or near miss report as required.
- Ensure effective incident notification and investigation on the project.
- Investigates all incident and proffer corrective measures.
- Organize HSE specific trainings and General HSE Induction training for visitors & subcontractors.
- Coordinate planning of HSE safety initiatives.
- Organize emergency rescue exercises.
- Leads by example.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- NEBOSH diploma or certification
- OSHA certification
- 10 years' experience 5 of which must be in a management position.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office programmes, document management systems and approved procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Willing and able to bear high levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practical judgement, experience, and common sense.