CONTRACTS MANAGER required by our client to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Nigeria.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- Focal point for the Company's contracting requirements in order to ensure that business undertakings are put in place on the most cost-effective and minimal risk basis, all in accordance with the Company Procedures and all appropriate procurement legislation.
Preparation and development of Contract Strategies
- Analysis and evaluation of proposals.
- Negotiation of contracts, working on terms and conditions and
- commercial points.
- Preparation of final contract documents, internal recommendations for Local Tender Committee and Corporate Tender Boards and execution of contract.
Administer the contract of its life cycle including contract performance management where applicable This may include:
- Rate reviews, amendment, variation, milestones, completion/handover, disputes, invoicing and management of key suppliers.
- Raising of Purchase Orders from approved requisitions, applying diligence to pricing, issue of call off orders to suppliers, track return of orders and expediting same.
- Assurance of all documentation requirements relating to new contracts (Insurance documentation) and maintenance of existing contract documentation.
- Analysis of information to provide contracting strategies, demand planning and management information.
- Contract Performance Management of key strategic contracts in conjunction with Contract Owners
- Implement the claims register from the start of the project and support the project manager in the negotiations with the client
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Substantial knowledge of standard forms of contracts
- Microsoft Office - Excel, word and PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of English language
- Invitations to Tender
- Commercial / Contractual Risk Evaluations
- Contractual negotiations
- Award Recommendations
- Execute contracts
- Interface with technical teams.