ELECTRICAL ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in the Houston, TX, USA.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- The Electrical Engineer will use expertise to develop new hypotheses and theories and to make recommendations which result in significant changes to important areas of engineering programs. Assignments involve very extensive and highly diversified systems, project or program. Projects are of major significance, extensive cost, diverse complexity and strategic importance.
- Mentor and teach / coach problem solving, creative thinking and project planning skills to less experienced staff; Actively progresses the corporate knowledge base.
- Regularly required to negotiate, justify or resolve important or controversial engineering matters.
- Frequently meets with high ranking officials in a variety of sensitive, problematic or unstructured settings.
- Actively participates in high level conferences or meetings on issues of considerable consequence or importance.
- Identifies, assesses, plans and develops novel product concepts and business models that build new product or system options.
- Supports the growth of new business by taking a balanced view of the technology investment portfolio to integrate market needs with emerging technologies.
- Leads the design, development and support of very extensive, highly diversified systems, projects or programs from concept to technology transfer to project delivery.
- Sponsors new project technologies and solicits understanding and support of other line managers and senior managers for major technology step changes.
- Champions key projects with company objectives in mind to achieve strategic objectives.
- Collaborates in the evaluation and assessment of competitive products, processes or new trends.
- Develops reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications and technical calculations. Prepares technical data and papers for sales personnel, customers and publications using good internal presentation and report writing skills.
- Travels occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
- Assists with project cost estimates.
- Writes department process procedures and policies as required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering required
- Years of experience is less important than type, depth and breadth of experiences
- Recognized nationally as an expert and consultant in specialized engineering areas
- EPC electrical experience preferred
- Marine experience required; Exposure to certifying agencies such as ABS, DNV, BV would be preferred
- Oil and Gas experience required; subsea, upstream, midstream, or downstream
- Experience with Fire and Gas detection and safety systems a plus
- Some hazardous area design experience to ATEX, IEC Ex, API 505, EI 15, etc. required
- Hands on field experience in commissioning or factory acceptance testing is a big plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of lighting design a plus; but not required
- Demonstrated mastery of an area of engineering which may cross engineering and scientific disciplines
- Demonstrated abilities and contribution to successful engineering project outcomes will be given significant weight
- Viewed by senior managers as a technical and business leader with successes in technology development and engineering strategy
- Consistently demonstrates creativity and innovation in finding solutions and alternatives
- read/review single line drawings power distribution systems & P&IDs
- evaluate all business factors related to project / program and make sound recommendations that meet broad goals and company priorities
- generate simple schematics for power distribution systems and check drawings against client and class specifications
- develop/review data sheets for electrical equipment
- read, review, interpret and write customer specifications and technical responses and deviations
- design or review cable tray design and layouts and cable routing