LNG CONSTRUCTION MANAGER required by our Client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
We are seeking a leader to join us as a Construction Manager. The Construction Manager is responsible for management of all construction safety, planning, and field activities in support of the project objectives. This position will initially be located in Houston, TX and then relocated to Site.
- Ensure Safety is the paramount objective when planning and executing all construction activities.
- Manage and direct project teams by providing communication, coordination and follow-up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood
- Work closely with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners regarding development and implementation of the project quality system ensuring thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule
- Inspect and monitor field conditions with an eye toward safety and productivity.
- Monitor work for quality and specification conformance.
- Mitigate schedule and productivity impacts through creative solutions.
- Ensure craft job satisfaction is maintained to minimize turnover.
- Translate project plans into coherent, credible, realistic project schedules.
- Providing in the field construction assistance and problem solving based on previous experience.
- Understand industry standards, applicable regulatory codes and requirements, and company standards.
- Report on project status, performance, constraints and issues to Senior Management.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Construction Management ideal however years of service in similar roles demonstrating capabilities could be substituted.
Minimum of 10 years' experience in craft field management.
Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred.
Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within project deadlines, and adjust as priorities changes occur
Possess the ability to mentor others through technical training and guidance on planning and scheduling.
Have the ability to read and interpret engineer drawings to include P&IDs, Civil/Structural plans and details, Electrical wiring diagrams, Piping isometrics, etcetera.
Broad knowledge of Codes, Standards, and Industry Best Practices.
Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
Have advanced computer experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint, and Excel Work products.
- EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS: