LNG ENGINEERING DIRECTOR, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- The Engineering Director is responsible for management of discrete engineering disciplines and the support of the project objectives.
- Lead engineering design, scope refinement, cost estimating, development of project design specifications, and support construction.
- Oversee project activities of third party project managers, engineers, construction managers, inspectors, and contractors.
- Influence decisions that improve reliability and operability, reduce operating costs, and create a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Translate project plans into coherent, credible, realistic project schedules.
- Specifying equipment and major materials for procurement.
- Providing in the field construction assistance.
- Understand industry standards, applicable regulatory codes and requirements, and company standards.
- Single point accountability for the technical execution and related aspects to achieve project objectives and business intent.
- Ensure overall project technical quality and conformance to plan (scope, budget & schedule).
- Support Change Management functions, Value Improvement Practices, Bid Evaluations, Process and Implementation studies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of twelve years combined experience in Design, Commissioning, or Operations of Cryogenic Processes.
- Minimum of five years multi-discipline engineering management experience.
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work within project deadlines, and adjust as priorities changes occur.
- Possess the ability to mentor others through technical training and guidance on planning, scheduling, and engineering subjects.
- Can read and interpret engineer drawings to include P&IDs, PFDs, C&Es, One Line Diagrams, Isometrics, and Civil/Structural drawings.
- Broad knowledge of Codes, Standards, and Industry Best Practices.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have advanced computer experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint, and Excel.