COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
INDUSTRY SECTOR: Oil & Gas
- The Commercial Director will support the project and is responsible for maintaining close interaction with internal stakeholders and greater project team, technical experts, government, partners, and management to create asset value.
- Deliver commercial support to the project.
- Work within the Operations team to derive and implement viable commercial strategies.
- Manage the commercial aspects of assets to optimize profitability.
- Coordinate development of the Annual Delivery Program.
- Develop trust and positive influence with internal stakeholders' partners and customers.
- Interpret financial data and use in developing commercial solutions to achieve defined business objectives.
- Assess commercial risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Be knowledgeable of existing contract terms for the project, along with the short comings and the benefits of each agreement.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years commercial experience with specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Proven delivery of the commercial arrangements needed for the development of mega projects - LNG experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage multiple agreements / projects involving varied challenges.
- Understanding of contract negotiations, commercial planning & development and economic evaluation essential.
- Ability to interact and lead personnel from other work groups such as Finance, Legal, etc., as needed.
- Efficient and effective consensus builder and decision-maker with exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Understand basic plant operations and maintenance philosophies and impacts on production.
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
- 30% travel required.